New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Bull This Year
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mackay Lake, NWT(1 hr flight outside of Yellowknife) with True North Safaris- www.truenorthsafaris.com -top notch outfitter with great facilities--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
hoss, I took care of it for you. What you have to do is make sure you resize the photo before uploading to hunting-pictures.com. Computer screens display 72 pixels per inch so you have to resize to something like 640x480 in your photo editor. Resizing in inches probably won't help because the resolution (pixel density) will go up to compensate and the size won't change on screen (just in print).

Hope that helps.

[Smile] Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
I blew an excellent chance on a big bull... located him in a high meadow. Hiked up to find an ambush site thinking he'd bed well away from the meadow... wrong! He was bedded about fifteen feet off the meadow... dimwit! Well, I'm a smarter hunter now... took a cow the last day of the season.

Brad

Hunting experience.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keith, those are incredible. Congratulations.

Double congratulations on the fact that you shot the elk without using one of those new-fangled "Trophy Ranches", wher you are guaranteed a bull and pay according to the score.

I have made 4 trips out west for elk (3 archery/1 rifle), and have only a mediocre muley to show for it. I have seen a total of one branch-antlered bull, and have never been fortunate enough to take a shot at one.

I finally decided to leave the elk for you and Ray..... [Big Grin]

Thanks for the pics, guys.

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome bull Keith! And that mule deer.. yowza!
Hey what does it take to get an Atcheson and Son's Hunting Calander? I have the 2000-2001 in my den and really think it's great, other than being a few years old.