Wolf killings set to expand
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://record-eagle.com/local/...llings-set-to-expand

September 5, 2010
Wolf killings set to expand
Associated Press

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Government agencies are seeking broad new authority to ramp up killings and removals of gray wolves in the Northern Rockies and Great Lakes, despite recent court actions restoring the animal’s endangered status across most of the country.

Various proposals would gas pups in their dens, surgically sterilize adult wolves and allow “conservation” hunts to drive down the predators’ numbers.

Once exterminated across most of the West, wolves made a remarkable comeback in recent decades. Yet as packs continue to multiply, their taste for livestock is stoking a backlash.

Wildlife officials say that without public wolf hunting, agencies need greater latitude to eliminate problem packs.

Wolf advocates say the response to marauding wolves is too heavy-handed.

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news IMHO.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good , am willing to travel to Idaho if they need help there

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Soarne
posted Hide Post
Pathetic.

Posts: 25 | Location: Washington | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not up for gassing or other bullshit measures. Allow public hunting and enough tags to deal with it.

Posts: 13821 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soarne:
Pathetic.

How so?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Wyoming will keep bowing their necks against developing an approvable management plan until all of the elk in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming are gone.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Soarne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
How so?

It seems to me that we don't want wild. Sure, we give lip service to wild, but we want England. We want to be the only predators on the continent and we aren't going to settle for anything less.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soarne:
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
How so?

It seems to me that we don't want wild. Sure, we give lip service to wild, but we want England. We want to be the only predators on the continent and we aren't going to settle for anything less.

Tho only reasonable explaination to your reply would be absolute ignorance of the issue.

In short, The USFWS introduces Canadian Gray Wolves into Lower 48 states. The USFWS against the wishes of said states protects and preserves introduced wolf populations to a by their own standards an over population. Said states still object.

As the USFWS has protected and preserved an introduced species to the detriment of several other species, most of them native, how have you concluded the preservation of the introduced wolves is anything other than the USFWS's "Lip Service," as you say to "Wild"?

I leave in a couple of hours to hunt moose in a region of The States that has big game to hunt because the USFWS has not as of yet chosen a species to preserve and promote at the expense of all others.

Posts: 9253 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Soarne
posted Hide Post
That detriment that you are speaking of is your perception of what the game species population should be. Every argument against wolves is an argument that could be made against all forms of hunting. Conversely, every argument that could be made in favor of predator introduction and management could be used pro-hunting.

Regardless, I have trouble finding anything ethical about gassing pups, in their den.

one of us
posted Hide Post
To the wolf it dosen't matter how they die.

For me expanding hunting and trapping is the why to go.

The anti's hate sport hunting so much they would rather see some goverment employee kill them by any means then have some sportsman trap or shoot them.

Yes we are the best and most effective predator out there. There is no reason that we shouldn't control are envioment. Expect for some feel good well we would be better off with out man kind around.

Posts: 19458 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote