THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Cabela's B3 bomber jacket, anybody own/worn one?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cabela's B3 bomber jacket, anybody own/worn one?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, sorry but I couldn't find the "right" spot for this, best I could do was here where I figured somebody had tried it.

much as I love the new fangled stuff we have, I also love old stuff that still works. I have wanted for years a B3 bomber jacket, I read an article in a magazine where they had tested 5 jackets, 4 new production cold weather jackets and the B3, had guys play cards in a walk in freezer or something. it placed 2nd.

I never could afford a genuine replica (the nicest version I've seen so far is about a grand I think, some brit company, looks slick as oiled titties though)

but cabelas has one
cabelas jacket

reviews look good, they say it runs big. I'm wondering if any of you have tried one out in camp, maybe even hunting. Mine would see most of it's use non-hunting, but at this price I wouldn't feel bad taking it in the field either.

thanks

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if it runs big - that would be a first for cabelas. usually they are sized to fit the little tiny Chinese that make all their stuff

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I tried one on at the store in Sydney and is was very heavy warm and comfortable. I just didn't like the cuffs, they just didn't look right to me. The shearling really was "puffed out" for lack of a better term, if it would have not been so puffy out on the end of the sleeve I would have bought the coat. Maybe that's exactly how thy were supposed to look but it was too much for me. If you get one let me know what you think

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know what I was considering? As much as it might sound crazy, have you seen Reign of Fire?, Van Zance has a b3 with the arms cutoff. I was thinking of doing the same to this. then my arms would have full mobility and it would keep me from getting too hot. I'd love hidden zippers of some sort for if I wanted the sleeves back on, but I could always have two jackets Smiler seriously though, i love the look, know the sleeves are supposed to be that way, but have always hated jackets with knit or fabric sleeves. they get wet, dirty, just something that has to be dealt with I'd rather not.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote