New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone seeing Elk in Montana
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
4 people i know have already gotten nice elk. this is in central montana.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
What about near the Butte Anaconda area? I leave the 10th.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sevens -

i ahve no news of that area, but my guess is that things are going well. i know of two hunters who got av ery nice atypical trophy bull on the other side of augusta, which is getting down toward the area you are describing.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So far my family and I have gotten 7 deer and one elk(rag horn bull) this season in the Butte/Anaconda area. Elk hunting is a little slow now. If we get some more snow it will get a lot better. The weather report is for snow tonight so keep your fingers crossed.
Russ

Posts: 539 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
ElkHunter,

I'm just glad to hear you got something. Are the deer all bucks? The news I got from my family/friends was same as you said, it's going kind of slow. I also heard the same thing to pray for snow. We'll see what happens.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote