New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado draw results are out
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I started checking the CPW website for the draw results and I struck paydirt this year.
I drew my early season bear, Late season private land doe tag and my 4th season Cow tag.
Gonna be busy this fall.
Now if I could just draw an antelope tag............

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1102 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zip on Elk and Deer for me. Might pick up an OTC Bear tag. Doubt I will get out for Elk or Deer in CO this year. Kinda disappointing.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
I started checking the CPW website for the draw results and I struck paydirt this year.
I drew my early season bear, Late season private land doe tag and my 4th season Cow tag.
Gonna be busy this fall.
Now if I could just draw an antelope tag............

That's great man...congrats!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unsuccessful for deer, got an early season bear tag, and am still waiting on my antelope results.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I can jump for joy! I also drew my antelope doe tag. I drew 100%
Thanks Aaron!

Guns and hunting

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I had a banner year ...

BH Sheep, MZL Bull Elk, MZL Buck Deer (2nd choice), Rifle Bear (2nd choice), and Rifle Doe Antelope (2nd choice)

The two tags I thought I was in extremely good position for was my 1st choice buck with 4 points and my 1st choice antelope with 10 points.

Certainly didn't expect the Sheep or the Elk tag. Last year, 1 of 11 people drew the elk tag with 3 points. This year I was 1 of 2 people who drew it with 2 points.

Guess it just goes to show the years you're expecting a particular tag and not another is just that .... a guess!

Here's to one heck of a September and 1st week of October!!!!

Good luck everyone on filling your tags!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graybird,
Sounds like you hit the jackpot as well! Congratulations and Good Luck.

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great for you guys.
Someone can have all my tags again this year.
Looks like I'm gonna get a new knee in july. That will keep me out of the games.

Where you going for bear?

Good luck on filling those tags.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Myself and my 2 sons drew nothing, except youngest boy got a second choice archery deer tag.
We all put in for Deer, Elk, Antelope, Bear, Sheep, Goat, Moose.
Out of 21 applications we got one second choice.
I've been applying for Moose for 32 years and Desert Sheep for 22 years.
With the changes made in Colorado's draw process it will soon be impossible to draw a tag, this mess is not leaving much of a hunting legacy for my children.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I both applied for Antelope, Deer and Elk. I also applied for Moose. Only tag we drew was her cow elk. Frowner

Well, I guess I should be happy about that at least.....

Posts: 2602 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Myself and my 2 sons drew nothing, except youngest boy got a second choice archery deer tag.
With the changes made in Colorado's draw process it will soon be impossible to draw a tag, this mess is not leaving much of a hunting legacy for my children.

We gotta get it changed Dave!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:

Something has to be done ... go back to the old way pay up front with a refund back to the credit card versus paper checks now that they have a credit card on file for everyone. They can just as easily credit a charge as they can charge a card.

Also need to start charging for Big 3 preference points. Absolutely ridiculous that elk, deer, antelope and bear require a purchase of either a fishing, hunting or trapping license the year prior, but the Big 3 are exempt from these requirements. This year everyone who didn't draw a Big 3 tag got a preference point for a whopping $3/species. That's a grand total of $9 for a moose, sheep and mtn goat preference point. Un-f'n-believable!!!!!

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
next year the application fee will be $10.
I've applied for moose since the first never a tag. Never a desert bighorn. But I have drawn a couple bighorn tags & a mtn goat. Killed both of those.

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I'll be out in September to help graybird the best I can with his bighorn.

On top of that trip my wife drew a buck antelope tag and I pulled a 3rd season deer tag

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
quote:
quote:

Something has to be done ... go back to the old way pay up front with a refund back to the credit card versus paper checks now that they have a credit card on file for everyone. They can just as easily credit a charge as they can charge a card.

Also need to start charging for Big 3 preference points. Absolutely ridiculous that elk, deer, antelope and bear require a purchase of either a fishing, hunting or trapping license the year prior, but the Big 3 are exempt from these requirements. This year everyone who didn't draw a Big 3 tag got a preference point for a whopping $3/species. That's a grand total of $9 for a moose, sheep and mtn goat preference point. Un-f'n-believable!!!!!

I doubt they'll go backwards!? One solution....do like AZ, ID, NV, etc. Charge non-residents $150 for a non-res hunting license to apply, and then $10 per app / point, per species. The law currently mandates the most CPW can charge per app / point is $10. Charge residents at least $50 for a hunting license, and the same $10 per.

1st year moose apps went up 585%...sheep quadrupled, goat went through the roof too. If you have weighted points for the Big 3, you have two more years to draw. After that, the odds will plummet beyond belief - and applying will be virtually worthless.... unless a big change is made!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Un-f'n-believable!!!!!

Not really.
They watched Wyoming suck thousands of people in with $7 O-I-L preference points.
Now, they are getting $150 for each point.

Looks like Colorado wanted to get new blood in the pyramid scheme.

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COYOTE HUNTER:
quote:
Un-f'n-believable!!!!!

Not really.
They watched Wyoming suck thousands of people in with $7 O-I-L preference points.

Looks like Colorado wanted to get new blood in

the pyramid scheme.

WY got me in with the 7 point moose. I got good 6 or 7 for $7 and then drew the year they went $100. Never went back. Killed a bull by Big Piney. Bob

FYI---I've got 17 or 18 weighted moose points in Co. I may do it another year but probably will throw the towel in.

Bob

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colorado Bob:
quote:
quote:
Un-f'n-believable!!!!!

Not really.

Looks like Colorado wanted to get new blood in

the pyramid scheme.

WY got me in with the 7 point moose. I got good 6 or 7 for $7 and then drew the year they went $100. Never went back. Killed a bull by Big Piney. Bob

FYI---I've got 17 or 18 weighted moose points in Co. I may do it another year but probably will throw the towel in.

Bob

Bob, stick with it 2 more years...unless a change is made it'll be 2021 before the draw odds go to hell.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Un-f'n-believable!!!!!

Not really.

Looks like Colorado wanted to get new blood in the pyramid scheme.

CPW just wanted the MONEY....cause they are always broke!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I doubt they'll go backwards!? One solution....do like AZ, ID, NV, etc. Charge non-residents $150 for a non-res hunting license to apply, and then $10 per app / point, per species. The law currently mandates the most CPW can charge per app / point is $10. Charge residents at least $50 for a hunting license, and the same $10 per.

1st year moose apps went up 585%...sheep quadrupled, goat went through the roof too. If you have weighted points for the Big 3, you have two more years to draw. After that, the odds will plummet beyond belief - and applying will be virtually worthless.... unless a big change is made!

I don't understand the $10 cap. They dinged my buddy for $40/point for elk, antelope and bear. $3 each for the app, then another $40/species once he didn't draw. Total of $129 for those three species.

For the moose he put in for, it was $3 app fee and $ZERO for his moose point!!! Not a single red penny except for the $3 app fee.

Maybe they can only charge $10 for the app, but they can certainly charge more for a point, because they did it this year!!!

They also hit my dad and his buddy for $40 each for their deer point.

Graybird

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My wife and I recieved 3 points....elk, deer and

$40 each hit our card so CPW got $135 from us just in fees this year

Oh yeah.....add in two habitat stamps on to that....so $20 more

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't understand the $10 cap. They dinged my buddy for $40/point for elk, antelope and bear. $3 each for the app, then another $40/species once he didn't draw. Total of $129 for those three species.

For the moose he put in for, it was $3 app fee and $ZERO for his moose point!!! Not a single red penny except for the $3 app fee.

Maybe they can only charge $10 for the app, but they can certainly charge more for a point, because they did it this year!!!

CPW will need to charge a "hunting license" fee if they want to fix the problem....otherwise scrap it all together.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

CPW will need to charge a "hunting license" fee if they want to fix the problem....otherwise scrap it all together.

Why not add an additional preference point fee for the Big 3 while they're at it. If it costs $40 for a deer, elk, bear or antelope point, then it should certainly cost $40 for moose, goat and sheep. I'd even say a higher point fee for the Big 3 is required because of their premium status.

Graybird

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why not add an additional preference point fee for the Big 3 while they're at it. If it costs $40 for a deer, elk, bear or antelope point, then it should certainly cost $40 for moose, goat and sheep. I'd even say a higher point fee for the Big 3 is required because of their premium status.

My understanding is that would require a legislative change too? Obviously I hope to see changes for sure...we'll just have to see what the proposals are?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
My wife and I both applied for Antelope, Deer and Elk. I also applied for Moose. Only tag we drew was her cow elk. Frowner

Well, I guess I should be happy about that at least.....

I stand corrected, thankfully!

My wife just found out she drew a buck antelope also. She's hot.

But I've always felt that way... Cool

Posts: 2602 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh hell maybe I should not complain so much. Left over tag, public land less than a mile from home. The gun is a William Moore two groove 14 bore percussion rifle built sometime before the mid 1840's.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

AZ changed made me drop out of the game with over 20 points for desert sheep. Was estimated that I would had to probably apply for another 20 and hope to get lucky. Just priced me out of the game.

Now in Georgia, I know of people putting their newborns into the tag system and just drawing points. Will be soon that the tag system is worthless for anyone just starting out.