Find
Notify
Tools

My First Elk Pics!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted
Hopefully I'll be able to get these two images to show up. He's a 5x6, 43 3/4" main beams, 40 3/4" between the widest two points. Also shown is my Dumoulin rifle in 338 Win Mag, recently acquired from TerryP on this board.
 -
 -
And yes, it was really cold that morning, it got down to 30 F Friday night and was around 33 F Saturday morning when I got him.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice browningguy. Once again congrat's.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
say, where did you take it? vegetation looks like the TX hill country, but i'm sure that there are spots in AZ or NM that this could be . . .

Posts: 285 | Location: arlington, tx | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Hi TCEncore, Yep, that's the Hill Country, about 1 1/2 hr's west of San Antonio right on the west edge of the Hill Country. Good deer your wife got by the way, and she looks almost as pretty as I do. LOL

Do you guys have a regular lease out that way? I'm going to start looking for something for next season. I didn't get on a regular lease this year so I've relied on the kindness of friends to get on ranches to hunt. Of course, friend or no, you can't shoot a whitetail cheap, hence exotics only this year.
Good hunting,

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats on a job well done....chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
browningguy... that is a wonderful trophy... where are you gonna put him?
take care
smallfry

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice bull!

I might have a chance next year (if drawn in MT) a reader here has offered to take me out for elk!

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Smallfry, I've got 10 months to negotiate where he hangs with my wife. I have a feeling it's going to be a long and expensive negotiation.

posted Hide Post
BrowningGuy,
Damn nice elk ... first or 16th!
Congratulations on a job well done, as you were lucky to hit anything with one of TerryP's rifles. [Wink] ... [Big Grin]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
browningguy,

Congrats on your hunt! This is a great time of the year to be hunting Texas. You might want to check DeerTexas.com for a lease for next season: DeerTexas.com Link

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Browningguy,

Very, very nice bull!

Congratulations! Great memories these.

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning guy,

A fine bull!!!!! Remember...........ELK are the enemy! [Wink]

Actually elk are somewhat like cape buff.....you can never shoot enough.

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
browning guy:
Congrats on a fine fine animal. I love the color of the horns.

Posts: 42 | Location: washington | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote