THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Huge game ranch in eastern Washington?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge game ranch in eastern Washington?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been informed there is a game ranch in eastern Washington on which are: bison; cape buffalo; European boar . . . you get the idea.

I searched for more information but was unsuccessful. The information on which I acted was based on memory from more than a decade ago.

???

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cape Buffalo? I would have to see that to believe it. And the fences.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
AHA! Now you understand why I'm so interested in verifying what I have been told a few days ago, AND finding its location - if it exists.

I have a pair of ML double rifles and am having built a pair of big bore flintlocks. While I am not foolish enough to invest in an African cape buffalo hunt using my muzzleloaders, I think maybe I AM foolish enough to do so in Washington. . . . I never said I was bright, just persistent.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
there are some pigs on a ranch around Cheney, but that's about it for exotic game as far as i know.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:

I'm not sure about Washington.....but I do know there are at least 2 ranches here in Texas that have Cape Buffalo.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 724wd:
there are some pigs on a ranch around Cheney, but that's about it for exotic game as far as i know.

20 yrs back there was a rancher down by Rock Lake that had 20 or so Bison

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
yes, there are some american buffalo on ranches in the area. not sure if they're huntable.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
have a pair of ML double rifles and am having built a pair of big bore flintlocks. While I am not foolish enough to invest in an African cape buffalo hunt using my muzzleloaders, I think maybe I AM foolish enough to do so in Washington. . . . I never said I was bright, just persistent.

Sounds like a plan! tu2

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Burt Lancaster said in "Field of Dreams": I guess my dream will just have to remain a dream.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be an interesting place to drive over and visit if they did. That's high desert country, and Buff need lots of water. I can just see a small herd gathered around a pivot rubbing their backs and licking a salt block!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote