Tools

Mule Deer in Wisconsin?!?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted
I wonder how he got here?

Mule Deer taken in WI

I've heard plenty of stories how white-tailed deer are pushing out mule deer in some Western states. This is the first time I've heard of a mule deer this far in white tail country.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats really odd...I've never heard of someone even seeing a mule deer here let alone shoot one!

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any game farms in WI with mule deer?

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Can you say

"DEER FARM"

Hope they did not import anything bad with him and the others they likely brought in.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard of them in the western part of Wi.in Coulee Country.Not much different from the Missouri breaks.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim629:
any game farms in WI with mule deer?

I'm not aware of any...FWIW.

We have quite a few Mt lion sightings in Wisconsin as well...10 years ago no one would of believed it but times have changed so I'm not as skeptical as I used to be about these things

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a mulie in a hay meadow in MO once. Had to turn around and double check but that's what it was. I think some deer are just wanderers and sort of keep on walking.

I also saw and killed a whitetail buck along the CO river near Kremmling, CO once and that is quite aways from where they normally occur in that states as well as on the other side of the continental divide. I took it to the DOW office in Hot Sulphur Springs and they had never heard of one from that area before.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can remember 20 plus years ago seeing mule deer on the Minnesota North Dakota border.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These things happen, been happening all along..Maybe someone dumped their pet deer. Several bears been dumped in the Big bend of Texas over the years. Sometimes animals travel a long ways for varios reasons, We get Moose in Twin Falls from time to time. Cowboys love to rope animals then haul them to various places for the fun of it..Been there done that maybe! Then we have the cross breds that show up all the time.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote