New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nighttime Hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I put my Cuddeback camera up yesterday just to see what was moving around on my property here in Georgia. I checked the pictures today, and got a real surprise when I found this guy.

This is the first time I have ever gotten a bobcat on camera. Just thought I'd share the picture.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Don't be too suprised. My Uncle just killed a big bobcat on his property in Brunswick, GA and I saw a mother and baby cat on the last day of deer season near Union Point, GA.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ga Deer Hunter.

I got plenty of bobcats. I was just surprised to get the picture. I see several every year. I don't mind them being around though, they help keep the wild hogs in check.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1115, he looks to be good sized, hard to tell in a photo like that I know, but just has that big paunch and looks pretty thick.

I wish we had a few more around here, we got plenty of coyotes, but they don't phase the hogs, and they (the hogs) are really tearing up a few of our landscaped areas. Haven't ever shot one, but I would!

Cool pic--Thanks--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
quote:
got plenty of bobcats. I was just surprised to get the picture. I see several every year. I don't mind them being around though, they help keep the wild hogs in check.

I listened to a guy's spill on bobcats one day, he appartently was some sort of wildlife biologist that specialized in bobcats heck, he even raised some of the little guys. To the point, He said if you see one in the daytime that you'd better shoot it (Where legal of course). He said if you see one in the daylight that he is in competition for food because they are nocturnal animals and when the competition goes up it forces them to hunt during the day as well. Made sense.

We've only been able to legally take them for about the past three years here in La. and that's only during legal deer season.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote