Find
Notify
Tools

Youth hunting in the US
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys,
Please check us out at www.youthoutdoors.org if you are interested in getting involved in a growing youth hunting outreach program!
Thank you.....Gino

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I have received information on this before and believe it is a great idea. I think it will work better in some areas than others.

As much as I hate to say it however, in our modern PC world and with all the negative occurences that have taken place over the last few years in regrds to adults and youths, getting parernts to buy into such programs may be difficult at least.

I can see the benefits to such a program, but, I can alse see negative aspects to such programs that in the long run could do much damage to huntetrs in general. JMO.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gino:

Sounds like a great idea. I'm willing to donate, either money or hunting areas, or both, but I have a couple of questions.

Are you a 501c or similar? Who keeps your books and how much, if any, of the donations are used for salaries, expenses, overhead etc?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very kind offer gatogordo. Huntings future depends on the folks willing to put such programs together, and the folks willing to contribute funds for those programs. tu2

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
gatogordo

PM Sent

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wapiti:

I got your PM, but you didn't answer any of the questions. I hope you don't take this wrong, but I don't want to discuss my questions in private. If they are not answerable in public, then I am not interested in being a donor. Before I give someone my money, I like to have all the cards on the table.

For instance, I no longer seriously support the NRA, even tho I am a stauch supporter of the Second Amendment. Why do I no longer support the NRA, you might ask? My answer is simple. With thousands of volunteers working for the goals of the NRA, I find it absolutely outrageous that Wayne La Pierre pulls down nearly a million dollars a year in salary, expense reimbursements, and benefits, all this paid for by NRA members donations. This fact doesn't seem to bother many people but it bothers me and I don't choose to support what I consider to be Mr. La Pierre's extravagant salary with my donations. BTW, I am an NRA Endowment Life Member.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo---You are one smart feller!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo, while we have had our differeces on various issues, I support your stance on the NRA and where all the donationms they receive end up going.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gatogordo

Gatogordo,

OK, I didn't know that that's what you were wanting, so here it is.
Were are a registered 501 C3 EIN # 27-0324543.
I founded the program in January of 2007, Incorporated in 2009 and recieved our 501 in June of 2010. I keep track of all of the finances, donations, fundraisers etc. We have 2 other board members as well.
Our expenses and overhead are typical, monthly cell phone bill, internet, fuel, website, social media, business cards, plane tickets, hotels, outdoor shows and of course office equipment when we can afford it.
I have not taken any salary as of yet, my wife works full time and I serve in the TX Air National Guard which covers my health insurance.
I hope this covers most of what you're looking for.
Thanks,
Gino

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You for posting that information.

One of Us
posted Hide Post