New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameras??????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in need of a new Digital camera. My Canon rebel SLR is just to big to take on hunts. I want something that can fit in a backpack or pocket that is not heavy, takes great pictures, has good megapixals, and a good zoom. I am willing to spend a good amount of money to get a good camera.
Please let me know your recomendations.
Thanks,
W.Smiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try a Nikon Coolpix S3100. 5x zoom, 14 megapixels, and easily fits into a shirt pocket. It's all you need and then some camera wise.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Panasonic Lumix cameras. There are several like the MDC-ZS8 with 16x zoom and 14.1 MP.

dpreview.com is a good site to do comparisons.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use a Canon CMOS,which is a super small
hd video and digital camera.
never know when aliitle video is needed.
+/- $1200.00 in 2007.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My new one is a Nikon Coolpix S8100 for the money it would be hard to beat!

12.1 Megapixels 10x optical zoom and with a single push of a button you have full 1080pHD Video.

Just about $250......it also has a bigger brother in the same frame with more zoom ect.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote