THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Mombasa Trading Company selling/trading mailing list???

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mombasa Trading Company selling/trading mailing list???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got an e-mail from Heartland Wildlife Ranches pimping there Missouri elk hunts.......since I don't have any interest in shooting penned elk, and Missouri has no wild elk that I know of, and I don't ever remember subscribing to the Heartland Wildlife mailing list.......I hit the "Safe Unsubscribe" link to remove my address from the list.......it apparently unsubscribed me, but then I noticed it said:
quote:
Mombasa Trading Company uses Safe Unsubscribe which guarantees the permanent removal of your email address from the Mombasa Trading Company list. Click here if you have unsubscribed in error.

Hmmmmm......yes, I am subscribed to the Mombasa newsletter.....no, I did not give them permission to share my info......especially with an outfit pimping penned elk "hunts"!!! This newsletter came through an e-mail account that I don't post on any of the boards....because I don't want it filled with spam......Thanks a lot Mombasa!

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I got the same email, although it was trapped by my spam filter.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the same email from Heartland Wildlife Ranches this morning. I was subscribed to the Mombasa mailing list also.
Hmmmmm........

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
I'm subscribing to Mombasa and got the offer from Heartland Ranches "elk shoot" this morning, went straight to the trashcan.

Cheers
/JOHAN

posted Hide Post
Just so ya'll know the same man that owns Mombasa Trading is doing p/r work for places like Heartland. So in this instance he probably just sent the advertisements to his customer list in hopes that he could sale some hunts for his p/r clients.

Denvas

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Denvas

That may be true, but it doesn't give him the right to sell/share info.......

I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it if I sold/gave his contact info to a bunch of sales people!

Hey, now there's an idea........maybe I'll pass his contact info on to a few car and insurance salesmen.......maybe even a few dozen telephone solicitors......turn about is fair play! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Gonhuntin,

Didn't say I agreed with what he did, because I don't believe in breaching a trust once it has been established. I was telling you why I think he did what he did.

Denvas

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand why.....I just don't think he had the right to do it......looks like you agree.

By the way, this e-mail came from "John and Kelly Dahlquist <kelly@heartland-wildlife.com>", not Mombasa........the only way to know it was connected with Mombasa is by hitting the "Safe Unsubscribe" link on the e-mail.......