New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meeting other AR forum members
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Something I have posted on before and highly recommend is taking the time to meet other AR forum members.

Recently while in Montana, I did stop in Dillion MT and called Varmint Guy but unfortunately got no answer.

I did call Lone Bull north of there and missed him, but the funny thing was, he was coming home on I 90 heading west and I was heading East. We actually lined up on our cell phones and were in Bozeman at the same time. We got together for lunch. It was great meeting another member.

I had an invite to stop by his place on the way back west bound, of which I took him up on. I got to see his beautiful home in Montana. Sitting on a mountain top and able to see a 270 degree panaroma, of hill tops and layers of ridge tops in the distance, up to 30 miles away. One ridge over we could see Elk grazing off of his front deck.

It was also fantastic being shown the great trophies Lone Bull had on his walls that he had taken over the years. Also looking over another hunters equipment, rifles and scopes.
We talked Reload stuff, scope stuff, the AR board. It was just a fantastic 3 hours at his home before I had to hit the superslab west bound.

NOT only did I get to further meet and get to know a great person and fellow hunter, but Lone Bull is a class act all the way. Quite an accomplished individual. It was my honor to be able to see the things he had that we all have mutual interests in.

Anyone on here ever get the chance to meet Lone Bull jump at the opportunity! He is a great guy.

Meeting other AR guys is quite a personal gift to yourself, if you take the time. There is a lot of guys on here who think I am an idiot, as we can't all see eye to eye. However, I personally would really like the opportunity to even meet those guys. I am sure face to face, our difference wouldn't be anywhere near as much as they are on line at times.

We all know this forum attracts a lot of bozos, but in my opinion, we don't know how many great guys that are also on line here, that it would be an honor to meet personally. I think all having the same interests, we could meet some of the best people on the planet right on this forum.

If you get the opportunity, don't pass it by.

If Lone Bull see's this, thanks a million Larry! Loved every second I was at your place, and hope to do so again in the future.

So far I have the honor of meeting Clark, Rogue 6 and Lone Bull. Truly each one is a treat to sit and talk ( BS) with.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well Sea, if you ever have the displeasure to get to S. Kalif. (after all Disneyland is here) we'll have to get together for a beer, or if I get back up to the S. Oregon area I'll drop you a note. After all, a guy who shoots a .338-06 can't be all bad....could he?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is related to a post I made down in the lost, lonely world of Miscellaneous...

I'll be in Hawaii next month for a couple weeks. Any members down that way care to get together for a bite to eat, or maybe a range session?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had the pleasure of meeting three AR posters last time I was working around Bozeman, it really is a pleasure. I would definately recommend doing it. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Can a guy who shoots a 338/06 be all bad?"

Not in the least Fred!

Look forward to it my friend!

Cheers and Good shooting
'seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I have met at least 12 members of AR over the years, and every one of them are great guys. I know there are bad apples in every lot, but I am battin' 100% so far. A few of them have even become among the best friends I have!!

I too highly recommend taking the time out to meet people from AR.

Nice post seafire.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I intended to go see tasunkwitko along the way last fall, but weather and circumstances derailed that plan. Next time, maybe.

Posts: 14435 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Great idea- I have PM'd back and forth on these forums with a fella who was born in my hometown, he and I hunt elk every year within 20 miles of each other. I guess we ought to 'hook up' and talk in person. Surely there are many others whom would be great to meet. I live north of Denver, work at DIA, and hunt CO GMU 80.

Posts: 596 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Just yesterday, I finally got around to stopping in to see Bearhunt'r up in Kenai. Hopefully, he and I are going to try the steelhead this Fall on the Anchor. Nice to put a face with a name. I've been "going to meet" PaulH also but something has always come up. Another day...............

Joe

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote