New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer stands
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just finished putting up a couple of tree stands last weekend. Just thought I'd pass along a suggestion for any else putting them up.

DON'T forget your damn metric wrenches. I had to use my Cajun tool kit (two crecent wrenches) and it took forever.

DON"T forget your canteen. By the time I finished, I could have drunk out of a hoofprint.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dont forget your marking tape.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cajun tool kit

That's good! Aroung here we call them Mexican All Sixteenths.

Don't forget your rope either. Done that on the only tree stand I ever had. Since I have never seen a deer in a tree, I always hunt from a ground blind now. As I get older, it is safer. Big Grin

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
quote:
Cajun tool kit

That's good! Aroung here we call them Mexican All Sixteenths.

Don't forget your rope either. Done that on the only tree stand I ever had. Since I have never seen a deer in a tree, I always hunt from a ground blind now. As I get older, it is safer. Big Grin

i have a spot at camp i call Iwo-Jima. its marked in just like a stand but theres no stand there just a pile of rocks (about 20 golf ball sized rocks) were the club GPS says the stand is. i have a little spot under a cedar tree i like to sit.
the first year i had a few guys want to hunt it come back and tell me they couldnt find the stand.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another thing I forgot to bring was duct tape.
The ladders assemble with clips that create a metalic rattle. Sounds like an oyster sack full of beer cans falling down stairs. Just tape 'em up.

I usually refer to this as arborial engineering.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote