Find
Notify
Tools

Alabama & Tennessee Turkeys
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted
It's been a pretty good turkey season so far for myself and my turkey hunting partner for over thirty years, Tim. We have hunted at least four mornings each week since the 3/15 opener. Thought I would share just a few of our grip & grin photos... however Tim is known for not smiling much in these type of photos because as he says, "Turkey hunting is serious business".

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Pretty good season - Congrats to you and your buddy! tu2

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice birds!

Whats the local limit p/year p/hunter?

O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alabama is five per year

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am movin'!
O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Nice Birds!!! Congrats

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good deal there man! I love Tennessee turkey hunting, and especially like the liberal four bearded bird limt.

I've been hunting west Tennessee for the past two years and this season, things came together for me a little too. From the season opener until last Sunday, it had been a bust for me, with seeing only hens, having hens pull the toms off the call/decoys or not seeing any birds at all, even though I had normally dozens of pictures on my trail cameras.

Then last Sunday afternoon, I got lucky and called in a small jake. Thinking this might be the only chance at a bird, I shot the little rascal, only to find that the only way I could have killed a smaller bird would have been to stomp on a turkey egg!

Then on Tuesday afternoon, I had a good bird come in and start wailing away on my Killer B tom decoy, pecking and spurring the heck out of him. I killed that bird only to find it was the largest tom I'd ever killed! It weighed in at 24 lbs, 14 oz, had a 9 in. beard and 1 in. spurs.

Then the next day, sitting in the same blind, I killed another tom that weighed almost 18 lbs, had a 9.5 in. beard and 7/8 in. spurs. So three toms (kinda) in four days.

Bird #2

Bird #3

Congrats on your birds!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you fellas' are SERIOUS bout turkey hunting !
Nice bunch of birds

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work gents!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
You guys are having a great year! Congrats and thanks again for my favorite call...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote