Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahoma Thanksgiving Buck
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted

I killed this buck Thanksgiving morning about 7:30 a.m. on my family lease near Skiatook, OK. He was crossing Bird Creek headed for a bedding area. I was shooting a Ruger Scout Rifle equiped with a Leupold 1.5 x 5 30mm lighted reticle scope loaded with Hornady factory 150 grain Interbonds. The shot distance was 86 yards and the buck fell where he was standing. Recovery was a chore getting him out over a steep creek bank. I received the rifle as a gift from a friend and have been very impressed with its accuracy and handling. It is a great box blind gun.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Interesting horn configuration! Congrats!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
He had split G-2s that were both broken and a broken drop tine. Aged him a 7.5

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
beer

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool old buck. Been seeing some nice bucks chasing does all week (around Stillwater), unfortunately I used my buck tag opening morning on a smallish 8 point.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Extra special , on thanksgiving day..
Congrats

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1302 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Nice CB

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote