THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    And after the guns are gone--a lesson from the UK

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And after the guns are gone--a lesson from the UK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We keep hearing that the anti-firearms crowd is only looking for "reasonable restrictions" and "common-sense gun control". The restrictive--in some cases confiscatory--environment of the UK is often cited as an example of where they'd like to take the UK.

To support those who argue that there's no such thing as the loss of just a little freedom, I offer the following, as the next step after guns are "controlled"

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/27/international/europe/27knife.html

Once they get this passed, sharp teeth may be next...

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
What rot! They better start redesigning baseball bats, hammers, pipes, chains, rocks, and your hands to make them less lethal/criminal too....

A knife's sole purpose is to be a sharp cutting tool. It's what they do. We spent thousands (millions) of years developing and making good tools to separate us from the other animals.

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For some reason the banning folks have the idea that violence was created, after weapons. They need to find another hobby, and leave the sensible people alone.

DGK

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What rot! They better start redesigning baseball bats, hammers, pipes, chains, rocks, and your hands to make them less lethal/criminal too....

Nah, it's easier to just ban 'em

I find it interesting that they admit that violent crime is on the rise. I wonder why...

DGK

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
The guy who wrote that should be beaten to within an inch of his life, then what will he have to ban, the perps fists nut!

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
Let's hope that "they" never hear of the "spork", combo spoon, fork (which is just small knives on a common handle, and if one edge is sharpened, a knife. All the rules of civilization would have to be rewritten!! Smiler Eat with the right, kill all lefties!!

That is just an extension of the stupidity, lefties, not serious!!

Sacred cows make the best burgers.

Good Shooting!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
whiteeagle

I’m not saying this to be the forum police. I read it earlier on Drudge and started to post it in the ignorance crater but didn’t for fear of being sucked in, again. I think I will post it in the Euro forum just to see if they think it’s a real threat or is just a bunch a crap sensationalized for the American press. I’m with the rest of you though; next thing you know they’ll have some study showing how much crime could be thwarted if we just go ahead and cut the hands and feet off of newborns. Peaceful but stubby.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That kills me. You were going to post it in the ignorance crater, but didn't for fear of being "sucked in"!! LOL

The political forum definitely deserves the name "ignorance crater". I go there occassionally for a laugh, but you're right. It's the same 12 people, running around hard, trying to verbally beat each other up.