THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Lawsuit regarding SHO, Dama Gazelle and Addax

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lawsuit regarding SHO, Dama Gazelle and Addax
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted
Just received this from Charly Seale, Executive Director of the Exotic Wildlife Assoc. It doesn't say much other than the fact that they are working diligently to find a resolution.

To all EWA Members:

In an effort to keep our membership informed, the following information is the latest concerning the Three Species (Addax, Dama Gazelle and Scimitar Horned Oryx):

I attended a meeting in Washington, D.C. with the newly appointed Director of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, key personnel from the Department of Interior including the deputy director in charge of endangered species and the directors of the permitting office, as well as attorneys from Safari Club International, and the Marzulla law firm who represent the Exotic Wildlife Association.

This meeting was the first in what I hope will be a series of meetings to reach a common sense approach in resolving the court ruling concerning the Three Species. We also discussed the current permitting system for other U.S. captive bred animals that are currently listed under CITIES.

I feel this was a very productive meeting but realistically will be several months before this issue is resolved. There are several avenues your association is pursuing that will hopefully offer a remedy to this situation. At this time we are still operating under the existing rule. Please do not listen to the multitude of rumors surrounding the Three Species and any timeline concerning regulations.

As always I will keep our membership informed with the latest information, as it becomes available, concerning any rule or regulation affecting your ability to conduct business.

The EWA can be reached at 830-367-7761

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote