THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looking for a good FALL black bear hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good FALL black bear hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Due to job constraints[I work in Ag, and spring is planting season], I'm looking for a good fall black bear hunt. Spot and stalk, or a bait hunt. What about SE Alaska in the fall[by boat]? Do any of the Canadian provinces have a quality fall hunt? Would like to keep the hunt under $3500, all inclusive[ie: license, airfare, outfitter, etc.]. Any help would be appreciated.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend,Todd Loewen, that runs a fall hunt in Alberta. He hunts around a huge area of farm lands with crops. Huge bears come out to feed prior to hibernation and you stalk around the fields looking for the right bear.

Mike

Posts: 1853 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does he have a website? Or where can I get details about his hunt?

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
TRy these guys if you want a 7 foot plus bear..

http://www.bearpaw.ab.ca/

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog, His company name is Red Willow Outfitters and his phone number is 780-524-4574

Mike

Posts: 1853 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I can hook you up on Alaska Inside Passage bears or another option is Alberta. Two bear areas and they have lots of big bears. I also have a two bear area in Idaho that's reasonably priced.

If you want some more info, drop me an email.

aspenhill@triton.net

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talk to Barry at Safari River Outfitters in Sask. www.huntcanada.com

I've hunted whitetails twice and spring bear once with him. Its a top notch operation. Fall bear can be combined with waterfowl and upland birds.

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MD ....

Prince of Wales Island in SE Alaska offers some of the best Black Bear hunting there is.

Either self guided or guided.

I have a fall slot available for a guided hunt, but also help many hunters on thier do it yourself hunts.

Posts: 27 | Location: ketchikan | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out these people:
http://www.theblackbearexpert.com/index.html

Its very reasonable. They're at the show in Indy right now. Lodging isn't the best, but the hunting is fantastic.

Posts: 115 | Location: mid west | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeeze you could go to northern Alberta, rent a quad and drive into the bush along any river and stalk or bait a nice bear. Cost of the tag would be less than a hundred bucks. Total cost of the hunt including transportation and a can or two of beer would be less than $1000.00.

Tracy

Calgary