New
Find
Notify
Tools

cinnamon or color phas bears??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
what is a color phase for a bear is it age caused??? is ther any way to figure out where to hunt for color phase bears??

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Black bear ? Black bears come in black, brown,reddish brown [cinnamin] and even very small populations of white and blue [in Alaska]. It's genetic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You are practically on top of one of the best states for colored bears. Go to Idaho! My son and I took 2 cinnamons there in Sept. 2006. Here is a pic of my bear.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yzm19:
what is a color phase for a bear is it age caused??? is ther any way to figure out where to hunt for color phase bears??

You can find color phased black bears in UT, CO, WY, Idaho, MT, MN, etc.

However, the Peace River area of Alberta, BC, Manitoba, and Sask. all have color phase bears.

My brother killed a beautiful red/cinnamon in Alberta last spring. I don't know that the eastern provinces are as known for their colored bears. I think it would be very rare to find one in New Brunswick, for example.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
And in SE AK. I shot my chocolate there some years ago, and from what I've been told, there are quite a good % of color phase there.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
We've got them too, in California.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote