Find
Notify
Tools

pedestal antelope mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hey fellas
would any of you share any photos you may have of your pedestal antelope.
have one from this year and am thinking about displying him this way.
thanks in advance

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Flaco,

Here is one

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SMOKIN!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond that is a very good pedestal mount. Even with 3 photo angles, I can't tell what is holding him up! He looks like he is floating--very cool, I like the cactus in the mix, fits the areas you find 'em. I like it a lot--how big is that lope, looks like a huge one!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
Drummond that is a very good pedestal mount. Even with 3 photo angles, I can't tell what is holding him up! He looks like he is floating--very cool, I like the cactus in the mix, fits the areas you find 'em. I like it a lot--how big is that lope, looks like a huge one!

Thanks bud! A friend of mine mounted this antelope for me a couple years ago, when he drew up the design I wasn't sure how he would make it all come together. Needless to say, my expectations were not only met, but wildly exceeded. Of all of the antelope mounts I have seen, this is definately my favorite. He got the old cholla skeleton and strengthened it with metal rods and bondo I believe. The antelope is mounted to the cholla and the cholla is on a hickory base.

This antelope grosses 88 6/8", if he would not have had a deformed prong on one side he would have gone 91" gross. I'll never kill a better one.

Thanks for the compliment and if anybody is interested in using this taxidermist let me know via PM and I will get his information to you.

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Drummand. Beautiful antelope!

I did a wall Pedastal with an antelope I show a couple years ago. I liked how it showed more of the antelopes shoulder and made its body look bigger on the wall. I put black leather under the shoulder and it hung on a bracket.

Hope this helps.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have several thick pieces of coca bola,
a hard heavy wood from the pacific islands
i plan on using this wood for the base and attaching a 380 class elk horn to it,with the end of main beam, 5th and sword, up.
and then put a pin in the beam somewhere between the 5th and sword and put the pedestal
antelope on that??????
my wanting to see some from everyone is for the mannakin and posture.
more please
whats the lenght on yours drummond? 17.6?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr

whats the lenght on yours drummond? 17.6?

Yes sir, 17.6 on one, 17.7 on the other

Hard to believe I almost passed him up waiting for a non-typ I liked, when I walked up to him I almost puked knowing I almost didn't pull the trigger

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Just WOW.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote