Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with my Tika T3 338 Win Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BHW
posted
I had this originally posted on Medium Bores, but got no response so I moved here where there is a lot more "traffic" so to speak.

I bought a (used- very little) Tikka T3 338 Win Mag off the internet from a person in AK in January.

The guns shoots fine, except it doesn't want to extract the spent cartridge. The bolt will rotate without a problem, but I have to stand it on its butt and pound the opened bolt to get it to eject the cartridge. It will eject an unfired cartridge like it is supposed to.

I have shot Federal 225 grain TSX and TBBC in it. Bought a box of Winchseter 225 Accubonds to try.

It does appear the Fed cartridges are growing a little, will find out soon if the Winchseter's work. If they do I guess I would contact Federal, if the Winchesters dont' guess I send it to the manufacturer and hope for the best.

Anyone had similar problems that can shed some light?

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same thing happen with a 308win. & federal brass,i think there brass is a little soft & there powder charges near max,so the brass really sticks in a tight chamber,i have heard this before from others as well....I would try another brand and see what happens,
Hopes this helps.Good Luck! thumb

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend with an 30-06 in a Tikka had the same issue with a couple of brands of Factory ammo. He polished the chamber and no more issue.

I'd try and polish my chamber a bit and see what happens.

Good Luck--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote