New
Find
Notify
Tools

weaver grand slam
 Login/Join

<Robin>
posted
Has anyone used this scope yet? How does it compare to the Leupold VXIII?

------------------
Robin
from Tucson, AZ

<Bill>
posted
I have a 3.5-10 x 40, one of the first on the market. I don't like it, Weaver makes a nice product in thier low end scopes, the Grand Slam didn't cut it for me, I demoted it to my 22.

Leupold, Zeiss, Kahles, and Steiner are the way to go, you get what you pay for with them.

The Leupold Vari X II 3-9 is a bargin and performs great.

<Jordan>
posted
Robin:

Late December I spend about half-an hour looking through and comparing a Weaver Grand Slam 3 x 9; Leupold 3-9 Vari-X II and leica 3.5 x 10. It was getting near dusk, I guess about 5:00 p.m. Street signs were lit up on main street. I was out in front of the local guns store, looking down main. street. I focused on a store sign with white background [sign was not lit yet] and black letters about 300 yards away.
My conclusions: the Leica was noticeably brighter than the Leupold and Weaver and noticeably clearer [able to resolve fine detail] than both.
It was very subjective, but I felt the Weaver was slightly, slightly brigher than the Leupold and that the Leupold and Weaver were equal in clarity. I ended up buying the Leica and sure like it.

One man's opinion.

Jordan