New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting On Anticosti Island.
 Login/Join

<Savage 99>
posted
Has anyone here hunted on Anticosti Island in Canada for deer? Any comments would be appreciated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Never hunted on it myself but from the videos
and tv shows that I have seen about it, you
would have to be a blind man not to get your
two deer! [Wink]

Posts: 141 | Location: Upstate, New York | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage 99:
Has anyone here hunted on Anticosti Island in Canada for deer? Any comments would be appreciated.

I've never done it, but seem to remember that the Canadian government runs the show. From what they say, it's a nice easy hunt with good cooking in the lodges, but sort of regulated and not a freelancer's hunt.

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
A guy in my gun club goes...They kill deer,nothing
big.Better deer for the same money in Montana's
River bottoms.

Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just remember--according to USDA no meat from split hoof animals can be brought across the US border--anacostia is in canada [Confused]

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two canoes:
just remember--according to USDA no meat from split hoof animals can be brought across the US border--anacostia is in canada [Confused]

No meat? Who eats it, then?

Tom

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gdupuis
posted Hide Post
Ahh come on guys... I'm sure you can force yourselves to eat all of the meat in a week, before taking the plane back! [Big Grin]

As for the hunting on Anticosti, yes there are deers behind every tree... literally, but still the challenge is to get a trophy, which isn't trivial!

Posts: 91 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote