THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Pope Brothers Guide Service out of Texas/

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pope Brothers Guide Service out of Texas/
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any body have any info on Clay Pope and Pope Brother Guide Service out of Texas (fly into San Antonio)
Any info good or bad is much appreciated.
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I've never hunted with them.....but I've talked with Clay Pope several times and I wouldn't hesitate to book a hunt with them. Very nice guy, and a good reputation.

Just in case you didn't already have it.....here's their website: Pope Bros. Guide Service

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
We have a group hunting with Clay this weekend for the second time. He and his guides do a great job to deliver each hunt as promised.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
I appreciate your help.
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodsie,
I hunted on a the Mc Nutt Ranch just southeast of Junction Texas last weekend. The two young men that were the guides for our group were working for/contracted with Pope Brothers Guide Service. There were nine guys on this hunt. It was a meat hunt for Axis does and hogs. Both guides had guided on this ranch before and were familiar with both the ranch and the location of the box blinds and facilities. They were extremely accommodating, and worked tirelessly to do whatever it took to make our hunt successful and enjoyable. They took us to and from the stands, skinned game and washed the dishes after the meals were cooked. They stayed after we left and cleaned up the lodge where we stayed. As we were able to hunt at night for hogs, they stayed up all night driving their own vehicles around to spotlight hogs. I don't see how they could done any better, and they are a credit to their outfitter. If all of Pope Brothers Guides are like Micah and Johnathon, PBGS will continue to grow and prosper.
GWB
PS. One of the guys we hunted calculated that by hunting with Pope Brothers rather than contracting direct with the ranch we saved around $650 per person for a three day hunt.

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
'Tis nice to have options...

Thanks for the skinny, Bob in TX / Eland Slayer / Geedubya --

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Clay as my guide a couple of years ago on a three night varmint hunt. We were targeting coyote and bobcat and we got plenty of both. It was a no nonsense hunt. He certainly knows how to find and kill bobcats and yotes.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote