New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho draw are out!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wanting a buck and a bull, I got a cow. Oh well I will try again next year. You can look up the draws on the Idaho F&G web page. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info that the Controlled Hunt drawings were posted, Idaho Ron. I just checked and I and my two buds were drawn for bull elk in 37A, over in the Pahrimeroi River area. Looks like a couple of scouting trips late this summer and in Sept., will be in order.

There are some big bulls in that area.

Good luck to all of us this Fall.

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting drawn guys.

I have to wait till 7/11 for the Arizona results to come out. We put in for deer, bull elk and pronghorn. *crosses fingers*

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of badgerrr
posted Hide Post
Turns out the Oregon draw results are availible too. The ODFW web site sez that it's not availible till the 20th but if you plug in your hunting licence # your results come up.

Unfourtunately, I crapped out on both tags I put in for. General season for this kid! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 107 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me this year. Now I'll have to choose between general season elk or a leftover cow tag. Oh, well, back to the loading bench. Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This year I only applied for,

[Wink] (In alphabetical order) [Wink]

Antelope (Archery)
Antelope (Non-trophy)
Antelope (Trophy)
Elk (Bull)
Goat
Grizzly
Moose (Bull)
Mule Deer (Trophy)
Mule Deer (Non-trophy)
Sheep (Non-trophy)
Sheep (wmu 408)
Turkey
Whitetail Deer (Non-trophy)

This is in addition to all of the general licences that are avalible in Alberta.
Unfortunetly since draws are due by the 26th of this month I won't have results before the middle of July.

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got drawn for bull elk,hope the wolves leave us some.

Posts: 32 | Location: Boise,Idaho | Registered: 30 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, DON44, was that for bull elk, and if so, what unit are you gonna be hunting in??

L.W.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Unit 43, its the late bull elk hunt #2018.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don44, You got a great unit. The only problem with it is weather. I helped a friend get a 360 class bull a couple of years ago. I normaly see several over 325. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Ron, Thanks for the good words. My 2 sons and I will do our best to scout it out this summer. We do appreciate your words to us, hope you get your elk too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I drew the Idaho unit 22 bear hunt.
It was the only other hunt I could put in for since I put in for goats and didn't draw.
Should be a great hunt spot and stalk hunt.

Also drew the Snake River unit in Oregon for buck deer.
Hunt is in the Hells Canyon Wilderness area, should be an opportunity for a good buck. Going to go scout it a couple times this summer.
Anybody out there ever hunted this unit?

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I used to hunt in unit 76 then they made it spike only this year. No deer either.

Aleko

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don 44, thanks for the info. I've not hunted your unit, but know some guys who have. They say there are some good bulls in there, too.

Good luck.

L.W.