THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Nevada Draw Results are posted (6/12)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nevada Draw Results are posted (6/12)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
In case anybody else cares.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I cared, but needn't have worried. I'm in the wrong list. Ach, there's always next year.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was all down in the mouth from my surgery and having to cancel my safari to the Selous this September... Frowner

BUT...I DREW AN ELK TAG AND A DEER TAG IN MY OLD FAVORITE SPOT!!! dancing dancing

My hunting buddy drew an antelope tag for 032-035, and I have a friend who is the tribal chairman at the Summit Lake Reservation...as in standing invite to stay there any time. It makes for a comfortable hunting "camp" during the antelope hunt. Wink I get to play spotter on this hunt.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Cool.

I got early deer in the Rubies and antelope between Ely and Elko. You can come spotter for me too if you want.

What unit for your elk?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GREAT!! dancing I used to hunt the Rubies a lot. My spot burned up about ten years ago and should be real good by now. I hunted with my drillings and always shot a limit of blue grouse each day on the mountain.

When does your antelope hunt open? I have to take George out opening weekend. I saw a giamormous "goat" near Lage's Station a year ago...16 1/2-17 inches easy! I'd love to meet up for the antelope hunt. The elk tag is for the big area N&S of Ely.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
We need to hook up. I took a 6x7 muzzleloader elk about 15 miles south of Ely in 2004, after passing on 5 or 6 smaller 6x6s.

The antelope hunt is Aug 22 - Sept 5. I'm back from Tanz Aug 4, so we'll start scouting probably the next weekend.

Les

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the butte on the E side of the highway from Lage's to Wells, about 6-8 miles out of Lage's. I've seen only several antelope there, but all were BIG bucks. There must be some water in the vicinity that keeps them there.

One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
I got noth'n again. Frowner
Congrats to you guys. Shoot straight and good luck.

Posts: 321 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote