Notify
Tools

Coming to Wyoming? - Be forewarned!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Kudu is right.

Wyoming's small population and extremely low unemployment rate as well as high regard for wildlife laws make any disturbance by non-Wyoming locals very obvious.

Here are a few stories I have heard from Southern Hunters in the military. Both times they were guys that worked for me, one was from Florida and the other from Texas.

Florida hunter, "we hate those big city guys from Miami who come out with their high dollar boats and expensive rifles and hunt our deer". " As far as alligators go we usually just catch them and cut their tail off and throw them back in the way. They are not worth cleaning or skinning." We usually take about 5 to 10 a year."

Texas hunter " with so much private land where I live we usually just drive roads and spotlight out in the country, I shot this huge 7 point (3x4 for those of you who speak Western). We got no game warden in our area."

Lousiana hunter " My dad worked for a hunting club in northern Lousiana, we used to shoot deer year round and then sell the antlers."

If your used to those practices and you come out west, who says you won't try the same shit in our areas.

We aren't immune. Here's the best one yet!

I am at this gunshow in Fresno, California in probably 1996, 1997 ish time frame. This guy walks up to me (he was Mongolian, he told me later) and tells me that " his rifle was for sell and it was a good rifle , he had killed 40 deer with it" (he was in his later 30's early 40s). I asked him " how long he had it", and he told me " 2 years sinced he moved to Fresno from Ulan Batoor" .

So I said "2 years and you shot 40 deer, you can only shoot 1 per year in California". He shut up and ran out the door with his prized deer slayer.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kudu is right.
Eeker

You young man, are welcome in my hunting camp any day, time or hour! And that is a sincere offer! And it will stand as long as I am alive.

You draw a tag, your welcome to come with us! Or if you just want to tag along, come as you are!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kuku 56 is on my ignore list because he has diarrhea of the mouth and is piss ignorant! He is also full of bsflag

one of us
posted Hide Post
Who cares? God, I am so hurt, a dirt bag, burned out druggie,living in 1980, 12 year veteran of he oil fields, white trash roughneck ignores me! CRYBABY

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your butt buddy rickt has never had anything good to say about Wyoming either, he is still pissed that he was asked to leave when he got caught f*cking our domestic sheep!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a few calls and found out Kuku 5 foot 6 can be found most days helping lonely ewes through fences, or at least that's what he claims he's doing, probably why he racks up so much overtime! I also was informed that he likes to invite young guys up to his hunting camp on brokeback mountain, his favorite spot, where they set around the campfire downing shots of woollite. This is probably the reason he hates roughnecks so bad, he asked one of them and they thumped his scrawny ass. Sounds like a real perv to me, so I just ignore him.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
quote:
Kudu is right.
Eeker

You young man, are welcome in my hunting camp any day, time or hour! And that is a sincere offer! And it will stand as long as I am alive.

You draw a tag, your welcome to come with us! Or if you just want to tag along, come as you are!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
quote:
Kudu is right.
Eeker

Thanks!

I might take you up on it if I can draw a tag and the Navy doesn't have me in sand up to my neck.

Funny thing about the Navy, we have been augmenting the Army so much that they are calling us Sand Sailors.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made a few calls and found out Kuku 5 foot 6 can be found most days helping lonely ewes through fences, or at least that's what he claims he's doing, probably why he racks up so much overtime! I also was informed that he likes to invite young guys up to his hunting camp on brokeback mountain, his favorite spot, where they set around the campfire downing shots of woollite. This is probably the reason he hates roughnecks so bad, he asked one of them and they thumped his scrawny ass. Sounds like a real perv to me, so I just ignore him.

rotflmo rotflmo

I thought I was on ignore? bewildered

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Funny thing about the Navy, we have been augmenting the Army so much that they are calling us Sand Sailors.

I have one exmarine son and one still on active duty in Falujah, figuring that the Marines are part of the Navy or vice/versa Big Grin, you should be agmenting Marines! Better watch out they may give you a rifle and send you to Afganistan!