Find
Notify
Tools

Hungrey Russia bears eat Geologists
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
From www.freerepublic.com

Bears Trap Geologists In Russia (30+ hungry bears go after Geological survey team)
Sky News ^ | 07/22/08

Posted on 07/23/2008 5:02:11 PM PDT by TigerLikesRooster

Bears Trap Geologists In Russia

By Sky News

SkyNews - Tuesday, July 22 03:07 pm

At least 30 hungry bears have trapped a group of geologists at their remote survey site in Russia's far east after killing two of their co-workers last week.

(Advertisement)

The team of geologists on Russia's seismically active Kamchatka peninsula refused to leave their camp after the bears showed up, a spokesman for the region's emergency services ministry said.

He said: "In the interests of safety they didn't come out to work - the people are scared by the invasion of bears."

A bear killed two geologists at the worksite on July 18, officials said.

Authorities on Kamchatka, nine time zones east of Moscow on the Pacific Ocean, said this year was remarkable for either too many bears or not enough fish.

"Either way there is not enough food," the spokesman said.

(Excerpt) Read more at uk.news.yahoo.com ...

-

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell me, is a geologist better with or with out salt????

Man those bears must be starved, no fish? No berries? Global warming? Bush's fault?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I figured them geologists had fuzzy little names for them, they must not have seen grizzly man or what ever that fools name was.

Bears-2 Geo-0

pissers

Eagles from above

Posts: 147 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by US1:
I figured them geologists had fuzzy little names for them, they must not have seen grizzly man or what ever that fools name was.

I doubt that RUSSIAN geologists suffer from the same symptoms of Bambiism like some of their collagues in the West...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Borat bought a bear for self defense.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey! Give the poor geologists a little sympathy. I'm a geologist. I suppose most of us would taste a little earthy or gritty kind of like a raw spud. Some are even oily to the taste. And never serve with Pinot Noir. A strong burgandy is preferable.

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote