Find
Notify
Tools

Sen Udall's email on gun control
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
Senator Udall sent me an email deploring the filibuster of the gun control background checks in the Senate. Here's the crux of my reply to him.

Hi Senator, I am glad that the gun control legislation was filibustered in the U.S. Senate. I am told full background checks (which in isolation I agree with) are not a stepping stone to more restrictions, but the same people saying that are for assault weapons ban, magazine limits, etc, etc. This is all they thought they could get right now. I wonder if the press trumpeting for reforms would agree to the same limitations for their first amendment rights of freedom of speech and of the press which are no more sacred under our constitution than the second amendment. I look forward to a Colorado amendment to the constitution overturning all of the recent gun control legislation. Although I have been an NRA member for a long time, this is the first time I've donated to the NRA to work specifically against a piece of legislation. I think you should reconsider your position.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Would there have a been a vote . . . a defeat or would chest pounding have lead to people that were tired and voted against the opposition and we would have lost

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Yeh, I got the same message. I haven't had time to constructively put together my response yet.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I recieved an email from Udall as well and I sent my response and I must admit I was not nearly as nice as Chuck!.
I blasted him pretty hard, I doubt he will respond back to me....

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received emails from both Udall and Bennet. Probably because I have written them several times to tell them to get their heads out of their asses.

Colorado is doomed to become another California. There is very little anyone can do to change it. We should have built a fence around it 30 years ago and refused to allow a single transplant from the Land of Fruits, Flakes and Nuts to set foot in it. But it is too late now.

I have officially written off my home state.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If CO is a write off, then every pro gun vote there is wasted and useless. Wouldn't it make more sense for the pro guns to move and add their force to protect some Red state? I mean, really? A pro gun vote in CA is wasted, but in Utah or Wyoming or Idaho, it counts and makes it harder for the Mongols to take over those states. I would welcome pro gun voters here in dark Red Idaho.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I moved to Colorado from Montana, got married and had to get a real job lol. I used to spend 100 days a year hunting and fishing, hopefully when I retire I can do that again.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote