Find
Notify
Tools

2007 Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
I am overseas and wont be able to hunt until fall of 2007. I hope to return to Washington state however I might get sent anywhere. I will not have my hunting gear back by fall maybe early winter. So I need to book a outfitter for a elk hunt. I was thinking a drop camp, I have done plenty of elk bowhunts in the past some more sucessful than others. This time will be a rifle hunt so I dont want the outfitter to do to much. Thats the background the question is.

Who and where? I will be traveling so it will not matter that much anyway what state. I am not looking for a record just plenty of elk to scare away before one finally gets dumb enough to allow me to shoot it. Being as I am not a millionare price is important but a couple grand is ok.

I was thinking Eagle Cap in Oregon or somewhere in Idaho.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Doc,

You got anything against a ranch hunt?

I know a guy in Nebraska that get's $5900 for a 350-400+ bull elk. He also has cows for $900, and exotics.

It's on a high fence, if your not too picky. When your in the military stationed overseas sometimes blood is blood.

I probably won't hunt at home in Wyoming in 2007, but I will in October 2008. That's when I have to go back to sea duty, and leave SIG.

If you want to wait and year and can get drawn in Wyoming your welcome to join us. No promises on that one though, it's tough.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
Sent PM

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted Hide Post
Any recommendations for guides in Idaho Sawtooth area or Or. Eaglecap. Looking for a drop camp pack in.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote