Find
Notify
Tools

Pig Traping
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
I have trapped pigs on and off for about 14 years. One thing I have learned, a medium sized pig will do all they can to bite you. These three pigs do not challenge that theory!

I videoed the following with a GoPro camera, edited out the boring parts. Cleaned up the language a bit with bells and horns, to be a bit more proper for our diverse audience. Cool
YouTube Pig Catchin' video

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted Hide Post
cool and interesting video

Forgive my northern ignorance but why do you not kill the pig before you put it in the trailer?
I assume it is not because you love them just too much.

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MN Hunter:
Forgive my northern ignorance but why do you not kill the pig before you put it in the trailer?
I assume it is not because you love them just too much.

No such thing as a stupid question. I sell them.

I will shoot small pigs ... < 50 lbs., ones that the buyers will not take.

Big Piggies go to market!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Wendell, Dave Fulson and team better watch out. I see the makings of a new reality television show here.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good thing you had the hot shot, when the sow bailed out...sonsabitches....

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Wendell, Dave Fulson and team better watch out. I see the makings of a new reality television show here.

Oh no, I have been type-cast again!

Texas Pig Catcher, I don't care for the sound of that. Missy is the real star anyway.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbogobutch:
Good thing you had the hot shot, when the sow bailed out...sonsabitches....

No joke, ... I remember thinking, Dang, I do not have a gun, why am I running at this hog. I can't tell if she was going to bite me, or she was just reacting to me running at her. BTW that probe on the Hot-Shot is only 24", it's not the long one!

Either way, it was a shocking experience for both of us. Mostly for her though. shocker

I know better than to try to load these pigs without a barrier under the trailer. I left it at another trap, I thought they were too big to fit under the trailer.

Apparently, I thought wrong.

Had Hannibal gotten out, I do believe I would have run the other way. Did you see the tusks on him? He had some chompers!

I call him Hannibal because he would kill you if given the chance and, even locked up, you still can't trust him! I could feel that 20' gooseneck rocking driving down the road with just him in the back.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
That was great Wendell and hilarious!! You gotta post more of these!!!

My dad has been catching a few small pigs here in Oklahoma with his buddies. Nothing the size of the piggies you've got there though!

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I have been lucky to catch big ones. Last week, 185 lbs, 2 @ 195 lbs and a 210 lb.

That sow was 150ish, I have caught her twice. Had to release her because it rained and we couldn't get a trailer in to take her out. I know its her from wounds on her shoulder and a broken snout.

I don't know if she is stupid enough to get caught a third time. I hope so. Back tomorrow to try again.