THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    cost of a mule deer hunt in saskatchewan?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cost of a mule deer hunt in saskatchewan?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any idea of what a mule deer hunt would run or a combo mule deer/ whitetail hunt?I'm looking for a good buck ,doesn't have to be book size , just would like a good deer.Also would Alberta be better or B.C?
thanks

Posts: 120 | Location: yukon | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
griz,
Sask. would be an excellent place to hunt big mulies, although as far as I know that is not possible in Sask. Mule deer and Antelope are for Sask. residents only. Canadian citizens and non-Canadian citizens do not have the oppertunity.
Alberta and B.C do offer non-resident hunting for mule deer.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I book mule deer/whitetail hunts for an outfitter in Central Alberta, along the Red Deer River, all on private land. In the past years we have had 65 -100% success on these hunts with White Tails up to 202 6/8th , and Mule Deer up to 194. Your accomodations are a modern, comfortable cottage with all the amenities, on Sylvan Lake.

* Rifle Hunt cost is $2,750 US plus 3.5% GST * for White Tail or Mule Deer
* Rifle Combination Hunt (mule deer + whitetail) cost is $3,950 US plus 3.5% GST
* Hunts are one guide for one hunter.
* Price includes pickup and drop off at Calgary International Airport, meals and accomodations and care of trophies.
* Licence fees are extra at approxiametly $175 usd for a white tail hunt. Add approx. $150 for a mule deer licence in the combination hunt.

The above just to give you an idea about the price range for such a hunt.

Drop me a line if you need to know more. The rifle hunt is in the month of November. I'm not sure if there are any openings left for this year.

Frans Diepstraten
Terra Incognita North America
www.terrahunt.com

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yukoner has it right. Non-residents of Canada are not allowed to hunt Mule deer in Saskatchewan

As a matter of fact, only those who have lived in Sask for at least three months are considered residents, and are eligible for the mule deer draw.

There is NO open season on Mule Deer, besides archery for residents.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It will cost me $25 for the Enviro tag and about $25 a tag after that [Smile]
I'll be going in a month !! One antlered and two doe tags. . . .

But don't consider me too lucky, I have to put up with Jan , Feb and March [Frown]
Super weekend here with temps over 70 I did the last of the maintenace on my car and truck before it gets too miserable !

[ 10-06-2003, 04:42: Message edited by: Desy ]

Posts: 140 | Location: Saskatoon | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote