New
Find
Notify
Tools

My greeting to all of you
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm new to this forum. I friend turned me onto it and I spent a few weeks just quietly observing it before deciding to join in. Really looking forward to future discussions with all of you and the usual banter and trading of tips and information.

A little about me:

Born and raised in the west but have not actually lived there in some time. I've kind of been doing the gypsy thing and bouncing around the country. A few years here, a few years there. Seems like I can't get over the urge to wander and see what lies beyond the horizon.

I'm a veteran but have put that particular phase of my life behind me. Married to an incredible woman who is hinting that since we are both getting ready to turn 50 it may be time to set up in a place for good. She is usually smarter than I am so this is most likely a good idea. We just haven't decided where to do it yet. Currently We're on the east coast but I seriously doubt that this will be where I hang my hat until the end of my days.

I enjoy all aspects of hunting and fishing. There was a time when I lived and breathed elk hunting but the hills are getting harder to climb on these old knees. I'd like to take one more good bull but it is hardly the driving factor it once was. The last decade or so I've been chasing whitetails, mostly for meat. Antlers mean a lot less than they used to and I'm content tagging a doe for meat these days. I've done both Africa and Canada, but am not sure if there is anymore of that in my future. But then, you never know do you?

Have a good day.

Pirate

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Matey.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the AR hope you enjoy it.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome. It sounds like if you had to quit tomorrow, you've already done it all. You've WON. That's how I'm looking back on my life outdoors...I'm a little farther down the road.

But it's still great fun to talk about..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome sir. Glad to have you.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR. Nice intro.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard! Hang on for the ride. It's fun

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am up in the north west part of the state, in winchester. If you are close you are close you are welcome to bring your lovely wife up and cook out with me and my lovely wife, we noth turn 50 this year

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Pirate! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Shame on me for taking SO long to put 2 & 2 together. Wink

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to ARRRRRR

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote