New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Pheasant Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a Pheasant hunt, for 4-8 hunters for 09. Doesn't have to be 4 star but we'd like to hunt with someone that has good dogs.
We would also be willing to trade a hunt in TX. Possible hunts to trade could be Bobcat, Turkey, Hogs and possibly White tail. Thanks.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

If you're interested, eastern Montana and western North Dakota has some very fine opporunities diy.

I'd recommend basing out of Culbertson Montana and using retrievers late in the season, say from early December on.

Happy to help with more info if you see fit.

Posts: 9491 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
A Kansas hunt might be closer for you. I have hunted with the Flying W Ranch in Plains, Kansas. He donates to our SCI chapter every year. He has accomodations for eight or more if I recall correctly. He provides breakfast and lunch but you'll have to go out for dinner. He guides, and provides great dogs. His birds are a combo of wild and raised. He puts birds on the field you will hunt 2 weeks prior to your arrival so they get wild and there are natural wild birds abundant in the area.

Leon & Nancy Winfrey
Flying W Ranch
6199-4 Road
Plains, KS 67869
(620) 563-7679

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
any preference as to what state? what time of year are you looking for?

Posts: 217 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
We have done a couple of family hunts at Ringneck Ranch in Tipton, Kansas, http://www.ringneckranch.net/. They run a first-class operation at a very reasonable price for what you get.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3843 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote