THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Big Stick, Badger base and clip slotted recevier??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Stick, Badger base and clip slotted recevier??
 Login/Join

<MontanaMarine>
posted
Big Stick,

You mentioned this on the "Why Leupold" thread. I'm missing something. Is this a new Badger design?

The Badger base I use and those I have seen all have a recoil lug that mates up with the rear edge of the front recevier ring, but nothing that would engage a clip slot. The Badger bases would simply cover a clip slot rendering it without function.

Iron Brigade Armory uses a type of base of their own design on their Chandler Sniper Rifle that engages a clip slot, but that is a different base than the standard Badger picatinny style with the 20 moa built in.

Can you give some clarification. Thanks, MM

[This message has been edited by MontanaMarine (edited 02-19-2002).]

<Dave King>
posted
MM

I went over and read that post as I was curious about the Badger and the clipslot too.

I think that he meant he has a clipslotted receiver and also uses Badger bases. I don't believe he meant that the Badger Base is fitted into the clipslot.

I've thought of having this done (fit a clipslot block onto a Badger Base) on a couple of my rifles, the older ones with factory clipslot receivers.

I just got my M40A1 style rifle on Monday the 18th. I didn't get the USMC bases and rings but went to the Badgers instead. It's on a new E-series Rem 700 SA. I wasn't going to spend the big bucks to get an authentic Unertl anyway.

I have had the screws replaced with #8's to replace the #6's a few times.

/r

<Big Stick>
posted
Will hopefully clarify,a long time practice,on "Tactical Rifles" of repute.

http://www.tacticalstocks.com/Clipslotting.htm

<Dave King>
posted
I know Norm Chandler does it on his but when did Badger start offering clipslot bases? This is the first I've heard of it.

Well, sure enough, there it is...

http://www.badgerordnance.com/htm/prod_b.php

Thanks, I'll be getting some rifles modified for these new bases.

[This message has been edited by Dave King (edited 02-20-2002).]

<Big Stick>
posted
I like this Site,you boys keep me on my toes(grin).............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeez Larry,you're generating almost as many threads as Mike375.You didn't move to Australia did you?

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<MontanaMarine>
posted
Big Stick,

The practice is not something I am unfamiliar with. I did not know Badger made such a base.

After looking at their updated website I see it. As usual, southpaws are not catered to.

That's really nice, and 30 moa built in.

The first time I picked up a "tactical rifle" was a walnut stocked 40x .308 with a fixed 10X scope and plain crosshairs, American Embassy, San Salvador, 1983. I have a vague knowledge of what makes a tactical rifle. Thanks for your presumptuous tutelage nonetheless.

MM

<Big Stick>
posted
Brian M,

There are numerous choices available in the Shooting Industry. Some don't like to hear about those off of the beaten path,that are of merit.

I'm not shy..................

<MontanaMarine>
posted
http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Gents,

Here is a decent forum for any of you who appreciate rugged, accurate, rifles. Generally good friendly talk, and info sharing, without the emotional outbursts.

MM

<MontanaMarine>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Dave King:
MM

I went over and read that post as I was curious about the Badger and the clipslot too.

I think that he meant he has a clipslotted receiver and also uses Badger bases. I don't believe he meant that the Badger Base is fitted into the clipslot.

I've thought of having this done (fit a clipslot block onto a Badger Base) on a couple of my rifles, the older ones with factory clipslot receivers.

I just got my M40A1 style rifle on Monday the 18th. I didn't get the USMC bases and rings but went to the Badgers instead. It's on a new E-series Rem 700 SA. I wasn't going to spend the big bucks to get an authentic Unertl anyway.

I have had the screws replaced with #8's to replace the #6's a few times.

/r

Dave, sounds like you are putting a nice piece together. I went all the way on my "heavy" rifle. a Rem700LH. I put Badger Ordnance Recoil Lug, Floorplate, Base, and Rings. All bedded into an A2 stock with devcon titanium by Norm Chandler's gunbuilders. I really appreciate the ruggedness and precision of their products. MM

[This message has been edited by MontanaMarine (edited 02-20-2002).]