THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Nosler Accubonds Performance on Game

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Nosler Accubonds Performance on Game
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
I hope that's true. I would also like to see an Accubond in 6.5 140 grains.

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
BigNate

It's my bloody cousin who made this load for his rifle. I supplied the bullets without knowing I' thinking of a suitable revenge

An interrogation with the nitwit criminal reveals that the range was 120-175 meters. The load was a fairly stout load of Norma MRP. I guess the load was taken from norma manual?

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Johan, Can you give some more info? What recipe for the loads? Distances,ect.?

I'd be greatfull as I'm trying some different loads in mine now but am also interested in the Accubond.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Thanks for what you could tell!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TodBartel,

2600 fps for a 7mm saum? That doesn't seem like it's going that fast. Did you have them loaded way down for some reason or another? I don't know much about the 7 ultra's but I would like to think you could easily reach above 3200 fps with a 160 grain bullet. I sure did like hearing that those accubonds stovepiled your bear. How big was it? What was the distance?

THe first animal I want to test these accubonds out on are black bear here in WA. We don't grow them as big as you guys up there north of the border, but there are a few big boys around if you know where to look.

-Autumn Pulse

Posts: 33 | Location: WA State | Registered: 30 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
6.5 Accubonds----Me too!--I asked the Nosler guys at last year's Shot Show just when we could expect 6.5's--answer was maybe next year----this is next year!!!! I'm still waitin'---- pg

one of us
posted Hide Post
Autumn pulse

Tod uses the 7mmsaum as he stated.This is a shortened version of the 7mmultramag not the full length version.It has a smaller case capacity and therefore produces less velocity.He did also state that the 2600fps was the impact velocity,not the muzzle velocity.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote