New
Find
Notify
Tools

Might enjoy seeing these
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Found this buck a month ago, 33 inches wide, well over 200 and watched him waiting for him to shed.
Had told my God son about him and where I saw him.
Searched for the sheds for several weeks and then received a call from Matt.
Gross 215 B&C, Enjoy and safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Very nice.... Thanks for posting.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ravenr - I did enjoy seeing these. tu2 Thanks for posting. Have a great day.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser
Sabatti "trash" Double Shooter

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope to see one like that down in Region G on my horseback hunt in late September!

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Nice, but I think I'd like to see more pictures of that grand old Ford pickup. Wink Looks real clean and well cared for.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here ya go

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, what a stud. Keep tracking him into next season and hope you bag him. Also a beautiful truck.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I think that's the cleanest truck of that vintage I've seen, it's wonderful. My granddad drove a '76 up 'til his death in '89. Great old truck, but it wasn't nearly as well kept as yours. Thanks for sharing the pictures. By the way, what engine/tranny combo? Please say 460 and a 4-speed, that'd be just what I need to really get the drool flowing.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice buck, wish I could run into one like that when I have a tag in pocket.
Very cool truck, you must keep that one put away and drive it on Sundays.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff R'.

Always enjoy seeing your pix and posts.

Luv to see more.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same, that's one sweet looking truck! What's under the hood? Oh yeah, nice looking rack as well!

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
The classic buck & truck thread!! Thanks for sharing. tu2

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooter for sure, thanks for the pictures!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks
The truck was a friend of mine's. Bought it brand new in 1977. 351 w/ a manual trans.
He and his wife were older folks and downsizing,
passing down to their family stuff of importance.
The "truck" started a hell of a family fight over who got to inherit it.
My Ole' friend solved the problem by telling the family to go to hell and called and offered it to me.
Only non original parts are the radio and rims.
90K miles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a truck nearly like that. Mine was a 1978 but it was an F-150 with a 400 cubic inch engine and had a 12000 lb warn winch on the front of it. Used it in my native CO as my elk hunting rig. I rolled it in 2002 and ended up selling it for scrap due to the damage. Hated to do that but it was pretty torn up.

I still have a 1970 -250 camper special with a 390 in it though. Love those older Ford trucks!

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool deal.....big mulies rock!

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Very nice! tu2 Thanks for sharing.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did enjoy your pic of those casts ( sheds ) - thankyou. Good job finding the matched pair. I've been lucky enough to do that only once in my lifetime. Would love to take a muley sporting headgear like that.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2049 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I wold probably get him mounted. Sounds wierd, but you spent about as much time hunting for those sheds as you have for several years worth of big game animals.

I'd be honest about it, but I think it's a memory I'd like to share.

If they end up as lamps or knife handles that works too.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These won't end up as knife handles!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. Very cool.

Posts: 41869 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Very nice deer and truck! Well done in both accounts!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote