THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anything to HUNT Around St Pete, FLA?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anything to HUNT Around St Pete, FLA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I have another training mission the last week of October, prime bow season here in Michigan but I have to go to Florida. Naturally I am in tears over this. Can anyone direct me to any hunting opportunities (archery) in the St. Petersburg area, wild boars, deer????

I can't picture spending the late afternoons after class stuck in a boring hotel in the middle of hunting season. [Frown]

Posts: 19239 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I've heard of this outfit, but haven't hunted with them. Type osceola outfitters into your search engine. The guy's name is Hoppy Kempfer[spelling?]. He has a 25,000 acre spread he hunts. He's been on the outdoor channel. St. Cloud is about a 100 mile drive northeast of St. Pete. Good luck.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ann,

I've talked with Danny Sant Angelo of Okeechobee Outfitters and he has several diffrent hunts in the Okeechobee area. He seems to be a first class guy.

Hawkeye47

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the Brady Ranch is nearby.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What about gator hunting?

Posts: 174 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Gulf Hammocks public hunting area is north of St. Pete and used to have good boar and deer (for Florida deer). Years ago the season used to run from sometime in September to end of January.

Boar can get big and are generally of Russian extraction around the turn of the century. Very exciting to hunt because you can' t see them until you're where they can see you ;>Wink

Have fun .

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help, guys! [Smile]

Posts: 19239 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you get to FLA find a copy of "Woods and Waters" in the nearest convenience store. About 80 miles north you'll find a plethora of state preserves(Gulf Hammock/Goethe/Citrus WMA's and others) and game ranches(Ross Hammock Ranch and others advertised in the rag) that offer deer/boar and exotics if you're interested. Lots of hunting in the area and closer/cheaper than most of the rest. Axis/Red/Fallow deer, Zebra, Buffalo among others. Luck to you. Plan on wet, and bugs if the weather is warmish.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan, will do! It will be great if I can find something fun while I am there. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thew Florida Fish and Wldlife Commission�s webage has a lot of information regarding seasons and public areas. The Green Swamp WMA comes to my mind. As stated already, there are hogs and deer as well as birds like snipe and waterfowl. I liked it.

Just go to http://wildflorida.org/hunting/, if you usually hunt the nortern woods of Michigan, you will like Central Florida for a change.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
What to hunt in Florida, shade and criminals about the only thing I know. I think Florida is now a suburb of Cuba if I am not mistaken.

one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
You might check out the www.floridasportsman web site. This is a magazine that while mainly geared towards fishing has a hunting board and magazine section too.
Ron

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reloader66:

You know, it is guys like you that give hunters a bad name. There are people here in this forum of all different places and races. A comment like that is totally uncalled for. You should keep those opinions to yourself.

Posts: 60 | Location: Miami | Registered: 02 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
You seem to have the problem, I made no mention of any race in my post. I also indictaed a geographic location, and will continue to express my veiws. Your reading far more into my post than I had in mind. Florida is hot and has experiened an up surge in ethnic diversity. Levity is not one of your better points when you fail to see a joke in print. Had Jay Leno made that statement you probabky would have laughed your a$% off.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a sister in law in St. Pete that I wish you would whack for me...