New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Turner and big game hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
MXz, you just gotta remember that those nasty chattle poops cause global warming, just confirm with Al Gore! Roll Eyes

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How can you trust someone who married Jane Fonda?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MXz:
Yes,the nebraska lands that ted owns,are a prime example of ted going into an area and ruining it. The average acre price in cherry county was $125 to $150 an acre. Ted went in and paid up to $350 an acre.It raised all the taxes and effectively ran a bunch of people out of business. Not to mention ted doesn't allow bordering ranchers to trail cows across his land.A practice that has been allowed for a century or better.

The nebraska lands were originally in janes name also.Not teds.

Damn, will someone send Ted down to NE Texas, I'd love to have him "ruin" my ranch by more than doubling the land values. What a horrible fate! I'm sure all the land owners hate it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Holy Smokes Gatogordo --- how could Texas hunting land get more expensive!! You guys got high priced hunting down to a science there!! CRYBABY

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Vermejo Park Ranch and got a nice 7x7 bull that scored 358 2/8". My hunt did NOT cost anywhere near what was reported in that article! Nor did anyone else's hunt that week. Ted and Jane have quail hunted down this way several times and you can tell that they both love the sport. The guides all said Jane loved to wack and stack the elk as well. The operation was the most professionally run elk hunting operation we have ever seen. Accomodations were second to none, people from top to bottom were fantastic. Scenery was unbelieveable as well. The ranch had about 1800 coal-bed methane gas wells that were as ecologically friendly as anything you will ever see...

Take the article with a grain of salt, and go out there and see the place before you die...its worth the $.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote