THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Animal Rights Terrorists Issue Report of Destruction

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Animal Rights Terrorists Issue Report of Destruction
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark Luce
posted
An organization that supports the terror tactics employed by extremist animal rights groups has issued a comprehensive and shocking report of vandalism and destruction that occurred last year in the name of animals. They boast of nearly two attacks occurring each day.

Bite Back, a group and magazine that supports the Animal Liberation Front’s (ALF) underground activist work, has issued the 2004 Direct Action Report. It proudly highlights attacks that ALF affiliates have performed worldwide against sportsmen, farmers, furriers, researchers and others. The fur industry was the most common target.

In 2004, animal rights terrorists committed more with 554 acts of sabotage worldwide. Destruction included at least 20 arson attacks, smashed windows, glued locks, slashed tires and destruction of hunting equipment.

Featured acts of terror include the following:

The title of the “Best U.S. Liberation†went to the ALF activists who raided a laboratory at the University of Iowa and released hundreds of mice and rats vital to medical research.

The Iowa lab attack was also mentioned as “Best Video Performance.†Video footage of the vandalism that reveals masked activists waiting for an elevator, releasing the rodents and smashing computers and lab instruments is called “a performance worthy of an Oscar†in the report.

The Largest Liberation Award involved the release of over 6,500 mink from a mink farm. Mink released in this manner generally die from starvation or fall prey to predators.

A chicken slaughter house was also firebombed and sustained severe damage.

In response to these and other animal rights terror attacks, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance has prepared a draft bill called The Animal and Ecological Terrorism Act.

The bill recognizes animal and eco-terrorism as forms of domestic terrorism, increases penalties for persons participating in the politically motivated actions and creates specific penalties for those who aid in these acts of terrorism. The Alliance’s language was adopted as an official model by the American Legislative Exchange Council, a bipartisan membership association promoting individual liberty and limited government, and has been circulated to state legislators throughout the nation. For more information about the legislation, contact USSA Vice President for Government Affairs Rob Sexton at (614) 888-4868 ext. 218 or rsexton@ussportsmen.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information on this website can be reprinted with a citation to the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and www.ussportsmen.org

For more information about how you can protect your rights as a sportsman, contact The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, 801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229. Phone (614) 888-4868. E-Mail us at info@USSPORTSMEN.org

From the woods of Maine,
Mark Luce

Posts: 46 | Location: Newport, Maine 04953 | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I say if they act like terrorists, treat them like terrorists!! In lieu of that, maybe a counterstrike on their headquarters is in order. Tit for tat, so to speak. This is certainly a problem and has been for many years. There is no reasoning with these folks, logic just doesn't apply. I just pray that I never encounter some of these "greenies" in the hunting woods as the outcome probably would not be beneficial to myself in the long run. About 15 years ago, I was bow hunting in one of Connecticut's state forests. There were some PETA folks there and they were following hunters into the woods making noise as they went. When I headed out, a group of three followed, blowing noisemakers and whistles as we went. What I did was head for the nastiest swamp I could find, up and down hardwood ridges, through softwood and mountain laurel thickets. Soon, they were not to be seen or heard. The morons had neglected to bring a compass with them and were lost. I had been zig-zagging and doubling back and had them totally confused and lost. Then I went to my stand and hunted for the rest of the afternoon. Upon returning to my vehicle that night, their cars were still there. I could hear some faint yells from the forest, but just got into my truck with a smile on my face as I headed home to a nice hot dinner.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Mark Luce
posted Hide Post
Awesome trick you pulled on the Peta group.

Can you imagine the choice words they had for you!

Like you said "Tit for Tat"..They deserve what they get !!

From the woods of Maine,
Mark Luce

Posts: 46 | Location: Newport, Maine 04953 | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You completely fell down on the job with that incedent. You should have let the air out of a couple of tires as well! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bowhuntrrl:
Good for you, a class act. Too bad Conn. doesn't have a law against this type of behavior. In an attempt to defend against this practice, Alaska has a law on the books forbidding it. I think all states should enact a regulation prohibiting this type of thing.
Yeah, I do think ya shoulda let the air out of their tires as well but ya still done good.

I think that if it had been me, I would have sliced the air valve off at least 3 tires of each of their vehicles. I can be a real vindictive SOB when I wanna be.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
From the 2004-2005 Texas Parks and Wildlife Outdoor Annual (rules digest):

"Harrassment of hunters, trappers, or anglers (Sportsman's Rights Act) is punishable by a fine of $200 to $2000 and/or 180 days in jail."

Maybe that is why I never hear of this crap happening down here. Maybe you need to see if your state rep's would sponsor something similar to your state legislators. Can't hurt, might help...

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear in Fairbanks:
bowhuntrrl:
Good for you, a class act. Too bad Conn. doesn't have a law against this type of behavior. In an attempt to defend against this practice, Alaska has a law on the books forbidding it. I think all states should enact a regulation prohibiting this type of thing.
Yeah, I do think ya shoulda let the air out of their tires as well but ya still done good.

I think that if it had been me, I would have sliced the air valve off at least 3 tires of each of their vehicles. I can be a real vindictive SOB when I wanna be.
Bear in Fairbanks

Actually, I believe that they do have a law now, in fact I believe it happened the year after my incident. You guys are right, I did mess up. I always carry a pair of cutting pliers with me. I should have cut the valve stems off of all their tires. Then it would have cost tows plus 4 tire repairs each !!!

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote