THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Who uses INHIBITOR rust preventative?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who uses INHIBITOR rust preventative?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Magnum61
posted
Does any one use INHIBITOR rust preventative oil on there guns?

-Everybody has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose.-

-The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms and a baked potato-

Posts: 277 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 08 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Magnum61, I have used it for a couple of years now, have never really had any issues with my firearms, I'm pretty diligent about cleaning them anyway, but it certainly seems to work well.
I have an all around tool box, and it has been prone to getting some rust on the tools in it, since I started using the Inhibitor, and their 'chips' that I leave in the box, I've had no rust at all on the tools in that box. I think it's good stuff.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Magnum61
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fish30114-

I use it too but it seems that is not very well known. I tested the stuff on a piece of pipe outside of my house that had been exposed to salkt water after a fishing trip and it rusted completely. I coated it in a test bottle of INHIBITOR and then went back out fishing and to this day that piece of pipe is still out side, not cleaned from the salt water, and there is no rust.

I use it on my guns, I'm mostly looking for people that might have had a not so perfect experience with it.

Thanks again

-Everybody has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose.-

-The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms and a baked potato-

Posts: 277 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 08 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Good Experiences from me.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used it, works well, but I've been using Eezox for years, it works better than anything I've ever used, but too bad it's not as readily available as Inhibitor.

http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote