New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris 1.75-5x20
 Login/Join

<hunting1>
posted
What do you guys think about Burris scopes? I am in the market for 2-new scopes and one will be going on my 45-70 1895 ss. I like there selection and the fact they are made in the USA. Any help is appreciated.

Good Shooting

<Chainsaw>
posted
Hey hunting one, I think that the Burris scopes are made well. I have 1 Leupold 1.5-5x20mm and 3 Weaver 1-3x20mm scopes. All are good scopes. I think that you might want to check all the compact types and especially the eye relief that each one has. My Weavers have 3.9 inches and the Leupold is 3.7 to 5 inches. This IMHO is very important for a hunting scope. Actual magnification is another thing to look at. The Weavers are 1 to 2.8 and the Leupold is 1.5 to 4.5. I believe the VariXII in 1-4x20mm is 1.? to 4.2 Close to my VariXIII.

Check out Burris' website for technical specs.

A hunting buddy has a Burris 1-4 on his smokepole by Knight and really likes the scope.---------Chainsaw

one of us
posted Hide Post
hunting1, I'm looking at my 1 3/4X - 5X Burris as I type this. I also own a Weaver V3 adn 1.5X - 5X Leupold Vari X 3. The Burris is just as good as the others in low light and has never given me a problem in the several years I owned it. The eye relief is shorter than either the Leupold or Weaver. The other issue is the placing of the adjustment turrets that can limit how far forward you can mount the Burris. In fact, the Burris sits on a Remington 600 .308 rather than any other because this was the one rifle on which it could be mounted for adequate eye relief. You may have to get creative with your mounts or use extension rings with the Burris. I like mine but would be leery of putting it on a rifle with heavy recoil. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote