New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bear Hunt Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking about surprising my 14 year old little brother with a black bear hunt next year. He is on fall break in November. Does anyone have any outfitter recommendations?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
November is late for bear.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where do you want to hunt bear at? I'd look for a Spring or Summer bear hunt. I don't have any guide suggestions but I could sure find some quick from a friend of mine who hunts bear on a regular basis. He took me on my first and only bear hunt so far.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
'Fall' bear hunts often start in August but most are long done before November. I have outfits that offer 'spring' hunts through the end of June which may work better for your brother.

~Ann

Posts: 19239 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

PM sent

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
Picture of Wayfaring Stranger
posted Hide Post
I think some eastern states have hunts that run into NOV. Chek out WV, they have big bears there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the 270 won't do it the .338 will, if the 338 won't I can't afford the hunt!

Posts: 320 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the bears around here are sleeping by november

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. As you can tell by the question I know next to nothing about bear hunting, but Ann is helping me find a spring trip that will work for my brother and I.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good bear hunting book?