New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Ammo?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I Haven't posted in a while, but this caught my eye. Evidently Nosler wants a piece of the custom ammo business. At the very least this is an interesting expansion of there business and maybe a good option for the non-handloader. Though they state the loads to lifted right out of their 5th edition manual. Nothing I can't or don't already do myself.

www.noslerammunition.com/

Posts: 1240 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
No listings for the WSM's, but some listings for SAUM's! I guess they don't want to compete with their partners at Winchester...

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess they will load the .338RUM, as well as ammo for the .338-06, and .35 Whelen.

What I don't understand is why loading .338WM ammo with 250-grain NOS at 2600 fps, when my own handloads with the same bullet produces over 2660 fps, and the Federal HE with the same bullet produces nearly 2800 fps. I can reach 2700 fps, but 2660 is plenty fast for hunting loads. The least they should have done was to use some of the reloading techniques and powders used by Hornady and Federal, and load ammo to produce perhaps 2700 fps. This would have placed their ammo between the standard factory ammo, and the HE and HM ammo, while still maintaining safe pressures.

At least they will load ammo for the .338-06, .35 Whelen, and a few others that are not always found at the stores.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
What are they thinking w/ those prices?

They are going to have a tough time if they stay as high as they are now.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote