New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt during DSC 2015?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know it's a long way off but after reading about rooms going quickly at the Omni, I've made my reservations and look forward to getting out of winter in the North next year. My question; can someone recommend a ranch with great blackbuck? Would also be interested in Scimitar horned oryx. Please spare me the high fence comments. I've never hunted any exotics in the U.S. but think Blackbuck and Scimitar horned oryx are stunning and will not be able to hunt them in their homeland. Looking for a fun time to add to my DSC trip. Thanks, Dave

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For blackbuck near Dallas check out the Wendy Lou Ranch in Dublin, TX. I had a fun meat hunt there a few years ago, shot a " reduced-rate" eland cow w/ broken horn. Best T-bones ever! My wife & I were in Ft Worth for a RMEF expo & wanted to add on a hunt. Mike Odell, ranch mgr. is a great guy, the owner is South African and the lodge is first class, with an outside brai/boma area. Really neat.
Mike has other exotics on the ranch but I don't think there are scimitar oryx. Ask him for a good ranch for oryx hunting , he's a friendly, honest man.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Selah Ranch, in Blanco County (Johnson City is the county seat) had the first Scimitar horn herd in TX. others followed and there are several in central TX and the Indian Head ranch near Del Rio. The Selah used to have hunts for these and might still. The email contact is selah.brp@gmail.com

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote