New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accubonds on Ga. whitetail
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Shot five whitetails over the past 2 weeks with the Nosler Accubond. Flawless performance in each case. Three does @ broadside, one at 185 or so one at 153 lasered, and one offhand at +/- 130 (paced 140 steps or so) all these with 270 WSM. Winchester brass (not NP) 62 gr. of WIN 760, WLRM primer. All three exited, entry pencil in size, exits from dime to quarter size. All three dropped at impact. There was from 6 to 20 feet of blood spray on the ground and foilage behind these deer. None hit on shoulder. The doe at 185 yards weighed 148 lbs. (really big for Ga., the other 2 were at 120 and 122 lbs.) Next two were a cull buck at 90 yards at a friends tree farm with 270 Win. through the shoulder, and a doe at about 230 yards (lasered at 225 before taking a few steps away) These two also dropped in their tracks. Both exited, the buck through both shoulders,
he weighed 135 lbs., the doe also with the 270 Win. and got one shoulder and then out through back of ribcage. Didn't get to weigh her--est. 115 lbs. or so. I obviously didn't recover any bullets, but I think this is excellent performance. I know deer aren't the acid test, but they are 95% of what I hunt. This bullet is very accurate for me and I like it so far.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they worked on a big bodied mule deer for me. they might become my favorite deer bullet.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, as stated in a diff. thread after my trip, the only experience I have is the Wyoming antelope I dropped with the 200 Accub from 300 Ultra. It was the gun I happened to have out of the case.

Rifle season begins in KY next Sat. I'll be there and then to Missouri the 19th, then to Kansas the first week or second of Dec. All hunts will be with my 270, 140 accub, 53.0 IMR4831.

Wish me luck. I will post all pictures of recov. bullets if I tag deer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc, may the Kentucky bucks with the massive racks be delirious with the rut (or something) and wander clearly into your sights!
Best of luck!--D.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote