THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: What do you pay for resident deer tags?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What do you pay for resident deer tags?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bob, actually depending on where you are hunting you can kill almost an unlimited amount. There are five whitetail tags plus mule deer on your regular license. On MLD property you can legally kill as many as you have permits for. I will probably have to kill between 40-50 deer this year for management purposes. It gets to be work!

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$31.25 or thereabouts...Canadian...what's that... about $25 US?

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$35.00=UT

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Deer tags are free, but we only get six. Not many tags, compared to some places like Alabama.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
California $28

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$20 each, and i feel lucky to have 3 this year. Beats the hell out of going out of state for $200 or more each.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I am concerned, NY has a very good system. As a "senior citizen" it costs me a total of $5.00 for a "Senior Sportsman License" This covers fishing, small game, up to three deer tags, and a bear tag. If I want a tag for the special muzzle loading season, that is $14.00 more. Same for bow. Turkey is not included.
Not too bad when you consider the going rates in other states

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
20 bucks for one in my home state of Colorado, but I can no longer get one over the counter and have to draw one. Too many people now trying to hunt a limited resource.

In my current duty station of Virginia, a big game license is 12 bucks and it includes 6 deer, a bear and 3 turkeys. Of course I also have to buy a small game license for 12 bucks and a special muzzleloading license for 12 bucks in order to have enough time to try to fill them all.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Up here it comes with the firearm ($27.50),or Bow license ($31.50). If you would like to extend your hunting season so there is no gaps from Sept.to Feb.,you have to get a permit for extended bow,or muzzle loader which can be had for $28.00 ea. You can buy as many of these permits that you like & am allowed 2 deer per permit.

Posts: 36 | Location: Swamps, of South Jersey | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
West Virginia, hunting on your own land, $0.
Senior Citizen, statewide, $0. And, I think, this year if you hunt all the seasons, bow, muzzle loader, etc you can kill 11 deer. That doesn't include special hunts on management areas.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here they are 20 bucks a pop, seems kind of pricy to me, especially when purchasing several of them. What do you guys pay where you live?

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
M16-I know, but most of us don't have access to MLD tags or Mule Deer......I just didn't think about them. You are correct. We can also take an unlimited amount of axis, fallow, or sika deer as well. Again, access to the free-ranging exotics is pretty tough to come by as well.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Skinner, What's the scientific collectors permit?

Posts: 134 | Location: So CA | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

California $28

Well now hold on, the first deer tag is $20.75 and the second is $26.25, on top of the $32.80 hunting license. You'll of course need a bear tag too, for $30.70 and wild pig tags at $15.75 each (I filled two tags this summer) and then an upland game stamp for $6.85 to go along with the state duck stamp for $13.90 . Back in May when I bought the license I put in for the drawings on elk, antelope and desert bighorn which required a $7.00 application fee for each. And then there's my trapping license for $81.25 and my scientific collectors permit that was $48.75.

So I'm into the state for $280.25 just for this stuff.

And then there's my commercial fishing license and permit fees............

Posts: 1295 | Location: 3rd Planet from the Sun | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
As a Missouri landowner I get 1 any deer and unlimited antlerless tags free.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Our Resident Big Game License in Texas is $23. The tags are included with the license. Depending on where you are hunting you can take up to 5 deer.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
IN Colorado, $20 for a deer license, and $0.25 for search and rescue fee. A proposal is bening floated to increase the S & R fee to a dollar (too many non-hunters getting lost in the woods); and also a proposal to require habitat conservation stamp and lastly, a proposal to increase the license fee. No amounts are attached to the stamp or fee increase. I think they are trying to figure out what the market will bear.

Ed

Posts: 12 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: 08 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
In NM a deer license will cost you $32 by itself, more if you add in small game, etc. for the General Hunting License. That includes our new "Depredation Fee" or slush fund for landowners. In addition to this you'll have to buy the $5 Habitat Improvement Stamp so the state can build some nice gates to lock you out of Forest Service and BLM land next year.

Posts: 3295 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The total would be nine, as I understand it, in most of W.V.
Considering I am 34 years old and can remember when just seeing a deer in my area was a pretty big deal, we've came along way!

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if Michigan has been posted yet, but $14 for a Buck tag, $7 for a antlerles tag.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote