THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Test of premium bullets, with pictures,

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Test of premium bullets, with pictures,
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Does Norma load this ammo for Blaser, as they do for Weatherby?

Nope, the CDP ammo is manufactured by RUAG in Switzerland. The cases are headstamped with the "Thun" mark - T plus a year, e.g. T 90. Thun is where the Swiss national armory was located, before that public factory was turned into RUAG.

But, I believe Norma loads the Blaser WSM ammo, loaded with Nosler Accubonds.

Even though RUAG owns most European sporting ammo manufacturers (Norma, RWS, Hirtenberger, etc), we have yet to see any "unified" ammo production. Probably a good thing.

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CDPs used to be very popular here in Central Europe when the bullet was first introduced, 3-4-5 (?) years ago. As usual with new bullets, it got all the press, and was supposed to kill like lightning without nary wasting an ounce of meat. Later, reports got a bit more mixed, and probably more realistic.

I have shot it some, can't say my experience points to it being better than other premium bullets. CDPs are pretty expensive here, like the few other premium bullets available. They all seem to have their own combination of ease of expansion, max expanded diameter, and typical penetration depth. I would personally prefer something like a Nosler Accubond if I wanted large expansion diameter combined with deepish penetration. Or a Barnes TSX if penetration was what I was looking for. Still, a lot of people use the CDP (in Blaser factory ammo, say) and seem happy with their results.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norma is only a dealer of Swiss CDP. You can find a little more about CDP www.swiss-jagd.ch unfortunately the text is in german. I doubt you can get this bullet in america,thats pitty because it is a reliable and very accurat bullet.Some says it is more accurat than CT Partition Gold .PG and CDP have a lot in common,but the CDP tip is fluted,.CDP stands for Controlled Deformation Process.

Posts: 162 | Location: Norway | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
OK. So, RUAG loads the Blaser CDP ammo. Right?

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Johan:

Here's the website I got my info from: http://www.blaser.de/english/produkte/accessories/cdp.htm

Does Norma load this ammo for Blaser, as they do for Weatherby?

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
RSY

The CDP bullet is made by RUAG at one of their plants. RUAG also owns Norma and RWS.

Blaser doesn't make their own ammo to my knowledge.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Norma is only a dealer of Swiss CDP.

I'm sorry. I meant to say Blaser. I think they are the only company making loaded ammunition. Correct?

RSY

one of us
posted Hide Post
A brief brochure on the CDP in English (Adobe Acrobat file):
http://www.swissmun.com/d/about/jagd/Swissja_E_CDP.pdf

More info can be found at:
http://www.swissmun.com/e/sport/
Select the Download-Site link on the page and then scroll down.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote