New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: RMEF Banquet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I took my youngest son to the RMEF banquet last Friday night. Very first prize drawing was for a Winchester Model 70 in 243WSSM, camo stock, ss action. You paid $20 for one of 52 cards, #3 asked for the 3 hearts, after all the cards were sold, guess what one was drawn. (rifel no. 1 )

Little later on they had a drawing for 5 different rifles/shotguns. I was drawn for the 4th pick, ended up with one of those neat Winchester Model 94 4-10's.

Latter on in the evening I won a sweet little ulta light graphite rod and shimano reel, along with a tackle box full of goodies, then ended the night with a $50 gift certificate from Cabela's.

Also won a few little door prizes, Rapala's Collectors coffee mug and lure, $20 gift certificate to a local resturant, and a nice RMEF leather/silver key chain.

Had a great time with a great organization.

]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will not sit here and dispute wolf-elk relationships around Yellowstone. The subject of this post is the RMEF. Unfortunately, uneducated folk like KUDU and RMK have nothing better to do that bitch about the damn wolves this, freaking wolves that...etc. If you put as much effort in trying to find a solution to wolves in Yellowstone as you do to bitching about them...they would be delisted right now and we would be hunting them. This is true for most of Wyoming...bitch about everything, but just forget it if you expect us to actually do something about it!!! Yea, wolves suck. Get it out of your freaking heads that the USFWS is going to round them all up and fly them back to Canada. We're stuck with them...that is a fact. What we need to do is figure out what next!!! We need to get our butts in gear and get the darn things delisted so we can blast a few!!!

From what I know about the RMEF...they do, and have done a lot of projects in Wyoming that directly benefit elk, as well as a crapload of other critters that live in the ecosystem with them. There are many projects that they are involved in with the private and public lands that improve elk habitat, as well as secure the wild spaces these critters need. If you guys don't like it, don't give them your money. Don't go to their banquets, don't buy their magazine, don't buy their raffle tickets. Keep on complaining just like you are and don't lift one finger to help or pull one dollar out of your pocket to pay. What gets me the most, is you two little bitches will be the first to whine and moan when some of this crap dissappears, but you never offered or even tried to do anything about it. You were too busy complaining.

MG